Club 1820

jennmaybe

Club 1820

Imagine a secret society. Only those invited can join. Guests ages 18-20 will learn the secret handshake and be granted a special code word to unlock an exclusive list of Club1820 events made just for them. No parents, no little siblings, no official hosts.

Club 1820

Imagine a secret society. Only those invited can join. Guests ages 18-20 will learn the secret handshake and be granted a special code word to unlock an exclusive list of Club1820 events made just for them. No parents, no little siblings, no official hosts.

That must be new. I just looked at it on the website.

Pretty generic description.

Have not seen anyone's experience with it posting here yet.

Club 1820

It's so secret that none of the staff at passenger services have ever heard of it. My 18 year old daughter inquired about it on our recent Emerald cruise to Alaska, but nobody had a clue.

Yeah, I only found one thread talking about it, but it was an Alaskan cruise. We're looking at Caribbean. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2500760

Based on post #7 of the thread you provided, it seems Club 1820 isn't so much a specific venue but an activity that's scheduled by the Cruise Staff if there are enough passengers in the 18-20 range. I'd guess one of the lounges would be reserved and a DJ provided. Bar staff would probably be counseled to be extra careful to serve mainly non-alcoholic drinks if the bar is even open.

Club 1820

I thought it was a brand of Tequila.

This isn't a venue on Princess ships- it's a planned activity. If the ship is hosting an event for 18-20 year olds it will be in the Patter... When my kids were in that age group i noticed that on a couple of our cruises there were dance type events for this group... I haven't noticed them in recent cruises but to be honest I haven't really looked since my kids are all over 21 now :D

We've seen this in the past. Basically it's a listing in the Princess Patters for some get togethers for young adults in the 18-20 range. Too old for the teen club but too young to drink. So sometimes the cruise director's staff will organize some mixers for that age group.