Cost of miniature painting given as a prize/gift

drsel

Certainly the print with accompanying "certificate of authenticity" can be valued by weighing it against what the recipient gave in exchange for it: the value of his time spent listening to the spiel. If someone just spent twelve seconds (all it would take a reasonably intelligent person to pick it up and leave) applying, say, a minimum wage rate of $15 per hour would give it a value of five cents.

On the other hand, if someone were gullible enough to spend a full hour, his time clearly cannot be worth much more than five cents per hour --- arriving at the same value for the print.

So, you say that attending an art seminar on a cruise is a "job" for which you have to be paid a minimum wage of $15 per hour?

How much should those who attend the art auction ( which can drag on for nearly 3 hours) be paid for their time?

So, you say that attending an art seminar on a cruise is a "job" for which you have to be paid a minimum wage of $15 per hour?

How much should those who attend the art auction ( which can drag on for nearly 3 hours) be paid for their time?

Those who spend time at those things give up precious time from their cruise/ their vacation. THAT has real value IMO and something I never do. :D

Look it up on ebay. Several years ago I was able to sell my free print on ebay for around $15. I forget the artist- but it was a cute cafe scene. The last cruise, I got an print of a leopard and ebay was littered with them and no one was buying. Off to Goodwill it went.

I was not referring to an art seminar per se - I was putting a value on a thing you were given for nothing --- which usually happens at an art auction --- the time of anyone with the intellectual limitations evidenced by a willingness to spend three hours at a shipboard art auction cannot be worth even a small fraction of $15 --- because he himself is clearly happy to simply throw it away.

Spend more time enjoying your cruise and once home, go buy a print at Walmart for $14.99, matted and framed and it would be worth about as much as that "print" from the ship's art auction......maybe more!

What is the cost or value of each miniature painting (with Certificate of Authenticity) given as a prize/gift by Park West auctions on various Cruise ships?

Search the Internet and see if the artist has a website. Then look over the website for items for sale. Prints may be listed.

What does the certificate say? It could say that what you've received is an "authentic" print. Based on Par West's reputation, and the fact that most of their stuff is prints, I wouldn't be surprised, and that it's basically worthless.

I have a Certificate of Authenticity for a copy .