Fans.

neebster

I had one taken from me about 8 years ago in my checked bag. After that I started bringing one in my carry on thru security. Worked great for 8 years until we boarded in San Pedro this past April They took my fan. Said it is a fire hazard

I had one taken from me about 8 years ago in my checked bag. After that I started bringing one in my carry on thru security. Worked great for 8 years until we boarded in San Pedro this past April They took my fan. Said it is a fire hazard

Some posters say they use a battery operated fan...that should pass "muster".

Some posters say they use a battery operated fan...that should pass "muster".

That was going to be my suggestion as well. They can't call a battery operated fan a fire hazard. I think some of the San Pedro folks go overboard.

That was going to be my suggestion as well. They can't call a battery operated fan a fire hazard. I think some of the San Pedro folks go overboard.

Battery operated Sansung 7 phones were catching on fire so they were banned by several airlines.

We had a small, electric fan taken at security in Seattle; were able to retrieve after the cruise. They said it wasn't allowed but I think, at the time, a fan was not on the list of prohibited items. You may want to check the most up to date list on the Princess website, to see if fans are included or not.

And if fans aren't included, you might want to bring the list with you as it's kind of a hassle to retrieve items after a cruise! Fortunately, we had plenty of time before our flight so it wasn't a problem to pick up our fan.

Also, the fan at security then "triggered" a search of all of my carry on bags, not just looking for the fan!