Reserved suite seating on Oasis

amcb

We are booked for our first cruise on Oasis. Although we've been on many cruises with RCCL, it's always been on the smaller ships that don't require reservations for the shows. I know that there is reserved seating for suites, but wasn't sure how it worked. Do we still need to reserve dates and times or just show up early to sit in the suite section?

The whole really-big-ship thing is new for us!

Thanks in advance,

amcb

HI

Yes, reservation still required. The seats will be reserved up to 10 minutes prior the show before are released to general audience. You will see signage with the type of seapass cards that have access to the reserved seating (Oasis Class and Quantum Class).

Sailor

HI

Yes, reservation still required. The seats will be reserved up to 10 minutes prior the show before are released to general audience. You will see signage with the type of seapass cards that have access to the reserved seating (Oasis Class and Quantum Class).

Sailor

Nope, not true. Grand Suites & up and Pinnacles can simply show their seapass cards for all shows except Comedy Club and walk in without reservations.

HI

Sailor

Reservations are not required for people sailing in a full suite.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nope, not true. Grand Suites & up and Pinnacles can simply show their seapass cards for all shows except Comedy Club and walk in without reservations.

Exactly as stated here. Just make sure it isn't a jr suite which confuses some not used to rci terminology. If a jr suite you need reservations. Just clarifying in case there was any confusion.

You must be in a full suite (Grand Suite or higher). Junior Suites do not receive this perk. Reserved seating is released about 10 minutes before curtains up. They also start allowing guests with no reservations to sit about 10 minutes before curtains up. As others have said, make reservations for comedy shows as there is no reserved seating for suite guests.

We were on the Oasis in April of this year. Unless they since changed the policy, Pinnacles could not sit in the first three rows of the theater. These rows had a black drape on them and were reserved for Grand Suites and up.

There was however a reserved section or rows further back for Pinnacle and Diamond Plus folks

Thanks everyone!! We are in a full suite so it's good to know we can just get there early to get the reserved seating. We don't usually know what we're going to be in the mood to do on any given day, months in advance! So this is great info. :-)

I don't think we'll be doing the comedy club since we're traveling with our 3 kiddos.

I'm assuming this applies to the water and ice shows as well?

:) amcb

We were on the Oasis in April of this year. Unless they since changed the policy, Pinnacles could not sit in the first three rows of the theater. These rows had a black drape on them and were reserved for Grand Suites and up.

There was however a reserved section or rows further back for Pinnacle and Diamond Plus folks

Did you go down and look at the "drape"? Chances are that those seats were being saved by a Royal Genie for guests in Star Class suites.

Different thing.

What about reserved seat/lounges by pool? are they close to pool like Voyager/Freedom class?

The suite lounger area is not near any pool. However, there are cabana like enclosures near the forward end and a bar.

We disembarked the Oasis 3 days ago. Now, the Genies place red "Reserved" banners over the back of the seats in the first row or two (or where their Star Class guests want to sit) according to the number of their Star Class guests that plan to attend that particular show. Grand Suites and above (Sky Class) who are not Star Class do not have the front rows reserved for them...they can sit in the reserved rows you described for Pinnacles and D+. Pinnacles can still sit there. I'm not sure whether D+ can still sit there. This is standard now for the ships that have Star Class; (Oasis, Allure, Harmony, Anthem). (Those sailing in Asia may be different...not sure about it). The Genies on the Oasis are even placing a laminated cabin # sign on their seats in addition to the red drape.

Edited by beachnative

If you are in a suite, just show early and sit in the reserved section. Unused suite seating will be released for general seating around 10 minutes before showtime.

If you want that seating. When I was on Oasis it was the first few rows of the balcony, and I didn't find those seats to be that great for the Fly with me show. Too many spot lights in your face. I'd prefer a reserved seat in the lower section of the theater.

If you want that seating. When I was on Oasis it was the first few rows of the balcony, and I didn't find those seats to be that great for the Fly with me show. Too many spot lights in your face. I'd prefer a reserved seat in the lower section of the theater.

I also prefer to be closer to the stage in the lower section of the theater. The Pinnacle and non-Star class (and Diamond+) reserved sections further black are my second choice.

Three weeks ago we sailed the Allure in a CL1

We were sky.

You must make reservations for comedy club as many already posted.

The STAR class had seats reserved at every event, from comedy club, to quest to ice show.as well as headliners.

The sky class were saved seats in the lower auditorium and the sign include Pinnacle and D+.

The only show on our sailing where D+ were not included with us was the one time showing of the general comedy adult show in the amber theatre (the second show).

The signs were Star (do not know why their genies saved them seats in first row), Sky and Pinnacle.

I will say that at the 10 min. mark prior to show starting all were welcome.

Last year the seats were in the second floor balcony.

Enjoy..

I know you were talking about Oasis, I was sharing about Allure the sister ship.

Safe travels.

We got off the Oasis August 27th, and we are Diamond Plus. Diamond Plus had no reserved seating at all--though they did apologize that we were not included in any reserved section.

I assume that means there were a large number of Pinacles on board and, since the entire ship was filled for the Eclipse cruise, that there may have been too many Diamond Plus people to include them in any reserved seating. There was definitely reserved suite seating--but I don't know if junior suites were included.

Despite the lack of having reserved seating, it was a great cruise.

I also prefer to be closer to the stage in the lower section of the theater. The Pinnacle and non-Star class (and Diamond+) reserved sections further black are my second choice.

When we sailed on Oasis last October, the reserved seating for suites and Pinnacles was in the balcony, first few rows. That's actually where I prefer to sit, so it worked out nicely. We did sit down front for a Cats matinee, which was poorly attended, because it's fun to see all of the mischief in the aisles.