Hurricane Irma Watch

Very sorry that you are frustrated about your vacation. By the way, people on the islands you so desperately need to visit are going to die. Maybe you can cruise over and help with clean up efforts? You will get the information you need by Thursday. If you aren't satisfied with the information, stay home. At the moment, you should be mentally prepared for your cruise to be canceled. A massive, catastrophic hurricane is headed to Florida the same weekend you would like to go... If it ends up working out, good for you. If not, it's fine.

Most people down here are trying to get gas and supplies and many are considering evacuating by Friday. We are expecting tropical storm force winds by Friday. You want to fly into that so bad for a cruise?

And by the way, Irma is now officially the strongest Atlantic hurricane ever recorded. Just relax, disasters happen. Your cruise is not important.

I wish there was a "like" button. Very well said. People who have never been through this have absolutely no idea. Preparing for the worst, and hoping from the best. Stay safe!

I am wondering why they haven't made a decision on the Sept 9th Anthem to Bermuda? Looks to be no where near the storm, unless they are worried it will travel up the coast? Personally I am hoping I can reschedule and not have to worry about this. Anyone think they may change to a Canadian itinerary? looks like there are quite a number of RCL ships heading that way already - there may be no room?

Waiting until Friday to make a decision for us doesn't help as we fly out to tampa on Thursday so what are we suppose to do? Cancel and lose $$$ on everything, thats what Royal told me today when I called. this is ridiculous!

Did you purchase trip insurance?

I am wondering why they haven't made a decision on the Sept 9th Anthem to Bermuda? Looks to be no where near the storm, unless they are worried it will travel up the coast? Personally I am hoping I can reschedule and not have to worry about this. Anyone think they may change to a Canadian itinerary? looks like there are quite a number of RCL ships heading that way already - there may be no room?

They might be looking to see where TS Jose goes.

I'd post a link but I think links are not allowed.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Forums mobile app

Why would anybody get off the Allure is Cozumel? Even if they wanted to get off why would RCCL care? They already have their 7 days paid for. Absolute Worse case you get a few extra days of cruise and come in at a different FL port. No way the Hurricane would damage both FLL and Port C beyond use.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One other thing is RCCL is not going to get so close to Irma they are going to get passengers Sea sick.

Last year we were on the Escape during Matthew. We passed it well east on way to St Thomas and the followed it back home. No waves at all but we did miss Nassau because port was closed

Looks like RCI learned something from their late cancellation of Liberty's Aug. 27 cruise. They told us up until 11 AM on Sunday, Aug. 27 that the cruise was a go, according to their meteorologist James Van Fleet, and if anyone didn't show up for the delayed boarding on Monday, Aug. 28, they would lose their money. Sure, tell everyone to drive or fly into a declared disaster area.

One other thing is RCCL is not going to get so close to Irma they are going to get passengers Sea sick.

Last year we were on the Escape during Matthew. We passed it well east on way to St Thomas and the followed it back home. No waves at all but we did miss Nassau because port was closed

With all the chaos that is potentially on the horizon with ports/departures/cancellations, I doubt that sea-sickness is high on the list of concerns.

2:30p ET UPDATE:

-Norwegian Cancels Sky, Escape sailings from Miami; others modified;

-Royal Caribbean Cancels Enchantment of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas sailings to Bahamas; others modified;

-Florida Gov. Scott Activates National Guard;

-Airlines Cancel Hundreds of Flights.

LATEST HERE

Where did you read escape canceled?

2:30p ET UPDATE:

-Norwegian Cancels Sky, Escape sailings from Miami; others modified;

-Royal Caribbean Cancels Enchantment of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas sailings to Bahamas; others modified;

-Florida Gov. Scott Activates National Guard;

-Airlines Cancel Hundreds of Flights.

LATEST HERE

Also, RCCL has not yet "modified" any other sailings. Just cancelled Enchantment and Majesty for Friday, 8th September. Some others are confirmed as OK and others are pending the 6pm update tonight.

We are going on this one, my guess is we will know something by Thursday-Friday if a change needs to be done....

I was amazed, well, not really, watching the price of flights out of MCO for Thursday skyrocket. There's only one possible track I've seen so far that does not have a major impact on Florida. Whether it goes up the east or west coast, the storm is still very wide as are it's effects.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are currently on oasis. We are scheduled to return to Port Canaveral on Sunday. We have not heard a word from anyone on board regarding anything. In fact no employee has even mentioned the word storm or hurricane.

Passengers are creating all types of chatter and scenarios of returning to port early, returning to port late , returning to some other port etc. etc. It would be great, if we would hear something official from RCCL. It would be nice for them to tell us "we don't know anything yet but we know that you were concerned". Many passengers have family and friends in harms way, many need to return to their homes on Sunday etc.

So as far as we know, we will go to Falmouth tomorrow, have a day at sea, go to Cozumel on Friday, have a "lovely" day at sea Saturday ( in a CAT 5 storm) back to Port Canaveral 6 AM this Sunday morning. We have not been told otherwise.

Of course those passengers without Internet are even more out of the loop. Come on our RCCL. Give us some information about our return Sunday.

M

We are currently on oasis. We are scheduled to return to Port Canaveral on Sunday. We have not heard a word from anyone on board regarding anything. In fact no employee has even mentioned the word storm or hurricane.

Passengers are creating all types of chatter and scenarios of returning to port early, returning to port late , returning to some other port etc. etc. It would be great, if we would hear something official from RCCL. It would be nice for them to tell us "we don't know anything yet but we know that you were concerned". Many passengers have family and friends in harms way, many need to return to their homes on Sunday etc.

So as far as we know, we will go to Falmouth tomorrow, have a day at sea, go to Cozumel on Friday, have a "lovely" day at sea Saturday ( in a CAT 5 storm) back to Port Canaveral 6 AM this Sunday morning. We have not been told otherwise.

Of course those passengers without Internet are even more out of the loop. Come on our RCCL. Give us some information about our return Sunday.

M

I completely understand your point. We were on the Vision during Sandy and had concerns. Hopefully, the Oasis' future will be included in tonight's 6pm Royal Caribbean press release...if not then tomorrow. Good luck to you all.