Itinerary change - Reflection August '18

UKPete71

UK guests have been offered either to stay on the 6 night cruise, move into one of the constellation sailings either 21st or 28th July with $100 OBC inside, ocean or balcony view or $200 for a suite per state room, a full refund or move to another Celebrity cruise however if it's more you pay the difference however if it's the constellation picking from 21st or 28th prices are protected.

Hope that helps we are staying on the 6 night instead :)

UK guests have been offered either to stay on the 6 night cruise, move into one of the constellation sailings either 21st or 28th July with $100 OBC inside, ocean or balcony view or $200 for a suite per state room, a full refund or move to another Celebrity cruise however if it's more you pay the difference however if it's the constellation picking from 21st or 28th prices are protected.

Hope that helps we are staying on the 6 night instead :)

Thank you TwoWinnys,

Yes, this helps.

I am glad you were able to stay with the 6 night (hopefully with no price increase)!

Cheers!

I find all of this very odd as we originally booked the Reflection for a 11 night cruise in August 2018, ages ago and it was cancelled due to someone chartering the ship. We then changed to the Constellation later in the month and changes were made to the Reflection cruise to your 5 day one. It now seems that that charter has changed and they are messing more passengers about yet again. I do wish they would stick to what they sell and stop messing people about....

Yup 6 nights for the price of 5 I'm sure everyone offered the same cant be bad hey!

Hope everyone gets sorted some way.

We're being told it's being repriced. We are still mulling over whether we stay on board. My TA seems reluctant to fight my corner. Celebrity on Twitter won't engage as I booked through a TA.

I've just sent an email to the CEO with my issues and will see if that bears any fruit.

Sorry that hear that. I would still rather stay on the reflection than go on the constellation.

The Constellation dates in July don't work for us as the MiL, whose birthday it is during the Reflection cruise, is on a P&O cruise to Iceland in July.

I won't go down without a fight and am pushing my travel agent to get Celebrity to honour the rate I booked. If that doesn't happen then it looks like we may well cancel.

I wish discussing this on the roll-call then saw this thread!

I too had booked onto the 5 day sailing. I am based in the UK but booked via a US travel agency (paid a lot less than the UK website by the way).

My options were to stay on as a 6 day cruise with $100obc with no extra cost, to cancel with full refund of deposit, or change completely.

I opted to cancel as I just thought the 6 day was too port intensive (with longish days in port) with no sea day. For me I like to have a reasonably late sail-in to port or sail out if there is no sea day.

I am now just waiting for my refund.

I too had booked onto the 5 day sailing. I am based in the UK but booked via a US travel agency (paid a lot less than the UK website by the way).

My options were to stay on as a 6 day cruise with $100obc with no extra cost, to cancel with full refund of deposit, or change completely.

I opted to cancel as I just thought the 6 day was too port intensive (with longish days in port) with no sea day. For me I like to have a reasonably late sail-in to port or sail out if there is no sea day.

Could you able to email me as I have a question I want to take away from Cruise Critic?

ukpete71 @ gmail.com (without the spaces)

On the other hand, if I had the choice of getting an extra day on a cruise at not extra cost + $100 OBC, I would accept that offer.

If I felt it was too port intensive then instead of going ashore on one or more port days I would stay on the ship and enjoy my "sea day" with very little of a crowd.

On the other hand, if I had the choice of getting an extra day on a cruise at not extra cost + $100 OBC, I would accept that offer.

If I felt it was too port intensive then instead of going ashore on one or more port days I would stay on the ship and enjoy my "sea day" with very little of a crowd.

That will be my plan if we stay on the cruise. At present we're not being offered the extra day at no extra cost, although that is what was first communicated.

Hi

I'm UK based too, can you give me a clue as to the US website as I've not had much joy searching online for deals via the US

thanks

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

I'm UK based too, can you give me a clue as to the US website as I've not had much joy searching online for deals via the US

thanks

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's against CC rules to recommend any TAs. Just look at the 'deals' page on CC and you will see several companies advertising promotions (ensure you change to the US site by clicking on the flag at the bottom of this page ;)).

Win Win for you then which is fab. We've upgraded to a suite after the change had been completed as was a good offer considering all the changes. Enjoy your cruise��

So you were offered to stay on for no additional cost, and then chose an upgrade?

Did you book with Celebrity UK directly or via a travel agent?

Can you email me ukpete071 @ gmail.com (without the spaces) as I'd like to ask a couple of other questions too if possible?

Edited by UKPete71

Could you able to email me as I have a question I want to take away from Cruise Critic?

ukpete71 @ gmail.com (without the spaces)

panamapd - If you did email I gave the wrong address, sorry. My email is actually ukpete071 @ gmail.com (without the spaces)

Actually - you know what, how stupid have I been!!

I have now had to rebook, via the UK website. In my defence, I have added our child so have got the best deal this way. I also have the drinks added!!

The other websites non-UK websites may come down in price again but there just aren't that many 3 berth cabins about. I have also noticed that they are not even offering the 6 nighter now.

(UK Pete- I will email you at your correct address!)

Well I've just received a call from my TA and it looks like we're staying on the cruise!!! Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon as I'm just waiting for an email confirming the details, but they've spoken to Celebrity and it looks like a positive outcome. :ship::cocktail::cool:

Well I've just received a call from my TA and it looks like we're staying on the cruise!!! Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon as I'm just waiting for an email confirming the details, but they've spoken to Celebrity and it looks like a positive outcome. :ship::cocktail::cool:

So pleased, hope you have a great family holiday!

That's now been received and brings to an end a stressful week. :)

Life is like that sometimes but it does make you enjoy the tranquility and harmony of the actual cruise even more...Also thanks for reporting back. Nice, especially to hear of 'happy endings'!