Any hints on Golden Princess?????

GUT2407

Good result.

I've actually shrunk over 2 inches in the last few years, 1/2 in the last few months alone.

Geez, I thought you were a big bugger when I met you!

The various neurosurgeons and associated medicos I met kept telling me about losing height (I was going to say "shrinkage" but Mic is probably still around) with the discs going kaput. Seemed like a mantra.

Geez, I thought you were a big bugger when I met you!

The various neurosurgeons and associated medicos I met kept telling me about losing height (I was going to say "shrinkage" but Mic is probably still around) with the discs going kaput. Seemed like a mantra.

Nearly half an inch in one go when a vertebrae collapsed.

I am sure I do not understand this reference. ;p

It does, however, remind me of a joke about a dentist.

Is this the one -

A man walks into the dentist's office and after the dentist examines him, he says, "that tooth has to come out. I'm going to give you a shot of Novocain and I'll be back in a few minutes."

The man grabs the dentist's arm, "no way. I hate needles I'm not having any shot!"

So the dentist says, "okay, we'll have to go with the gas."

The man replies, "absolutely not. It makes me very sick for a couple of days. I'm not having gas."

So the dentist steps out and comes back with a glass of water, "here," he says. "Take this pill."

The man asks "What is it?"

The doc replies, "******."

The man looks surprised, "will that kill the pain?" he asks.

"No," replies the dentist, "but it will give you something to hang on to while I pull your tooth!"

I hope you enjoy your first cruise on the golden as much as we did in Dec 16 13 night to New Zealand, and the other half enjoyed so much we are doing it all again Jan 18.

Our impressions of the golden ( the only other ship we have been on it the spirit of Tasmania ( 14 trips so 28 nights )

We have 4.5 m seas across the tasman and didn't even know it.

Only once were we aware that there was 2600 other people on board, when at Auckland there was a hold getting off the ship there was a queue the length of deck 7 from the piazza to the vista lounge at the back ( you will see how long that is when to get on )

Eating the buffet is pretty good ( get a table against the window great view ) the Main Dinner Room, is good as well, if you want you can go to Sabetini's or the Crown Grill ( $29 surchange per head ) we enjoyed them both.

The ship has good place to walk like round the promenade deck 7 or up the top deck 15.

One thing was it all looked very nice but it didn't wow us, but having said that it was everything a thought a cruise should be,

the big thing is the crew are great everyone we met was helpful and friendly

and the bed were very comfortable

Drinks were not badly priced either

Also if you look around the forums particularly the princess one. you will see that Princess cruises is a pretty good line to start cruising with, and also you wil get a lot of ideas and advice

most of all enjoy yourself, and go with the flow a bit, and have a great time

cheers Don.

I hope you enjoy your first cruise on the golden as much as we did in Dec 16 13 night to New Zealand, and the other half enjoyed so much we are doing it all again Jan 18.

Our impressions of the golden ( the only other ship we have been on it the spirit of Tasmania ( 14 trips so 28 nights )

We have 4.5 m seas across the tasman and didn't even know it.

Only once were we aware that there was 2600 other people on board, when at Auckland there was a hold getting off the ship there was a queue the length of deck 7 from the piazza to the vista lounge at the back ( you will see how long that is when to get on )

Eating the buffet is pretty good ( get a table against the window great view ) the Main Dinner Room, is good as well, if you want you can go to Sabetini's or the Crown Grill ( $29 surchange per head ) we enjoyed them both.

The ship has good place to walk like round the promenade deck 7 or up the top deck 15.

One thing was it all looked very nice but it didn't wow us, but having said that it was everything a thought a cruise should be,

the big thing is the crew are great everyone we met was helpful and friendly

and the bed were very comfortable

Drinks were not badly priced either

Also if you look around the forums particularly the princess one. you will see that Princess cruises is a pretty good line to start cruising with, and also you wil get a lot of ideas and advice

most of all enjoy yourself, and go with the flow a bit, and have a great time

cheers Don.

GUT has quite an extensive cruising history, just not on Golden P and was asking for information for that he could pass onto his son who will be sailing on her.

So the son and Daghter in law have book their first cruise.

Golden Princess out of Melbourne Hobart Port Arthur Philip Island.

Now I can (and have) given lots of general advice, but haven't been n Golden or boarded in Melbourne. I'm guessing they'll travel to the dock by tram.

They have ATD.

They know what they're doing each port, Melbourne to MONA, Port Arthur self guided and stay on the ship at PI.

I've teed them up on soda and more, they're got a bit of OBC from booking and I did a refer a friend which gave them a bit more.

They want to try Sabatinis and the Steakhouse.

So what else???

And boarding tips?

We're on the Tassie cruise on the 15th December so they may be on the same cruise. If they live in Melbourne I dare say they know how to get to the Port, but if not the 109 tram will take them straight there from the city. I prefer boarding in Melbourne as opposed to Sydney I feel like they are better organised. You'll often see people there from as early as 10am and the porters are there at that time accepting luggage. They could drop their luggage off and go for coffee or brunch at one of the cafes right next to the port. On board- I personally loved Vines for a glass of wine and sushi in the evening. The international cafe is wonderful although as others have said it can be hard to get a seat. Even though I have cruised 19 times with Princess I always forget that when they are serving afternoon tea in the MDR they also serve sandwiches in the buffet. I wish they would do the same sandwiches at lunchtime and then I wouldn't gain 6 kilos by the end of the cruise. ;p I loved the Curtis Stone restaurant and would do that again. Apparently there is also a Chefs table which you have to sign up for as soon as you get on board-another thing we didn't know! Since they are over nighting in Hobart it would be nice to do a balcony dinner on the night when they are staying in port or to arrange for it to happen when they are slowly sailing out of Hobart, so that they get nice views and hopefully calm weather. The Pizza on Deck 14 (I think) is to die for and from memory is right beside the ice cream stand. People always think my hubbie and I are crazy going to MUTS in the evening when you're crossing the Tasmin but tell the kids to rug up and enjoy the experience.

Trish

Heading out on the Golden in three weeks out of Sydney for a New Zealand cruise. We're used to the small showers on ships. I'm 6'5" so I just rub soap on the shower walls and "spin around!!"

I'm a little shorter than you, but probably a bit wider, well I'm wider than most people anyway and treat them similar. Son is a wee little lad so shouldn't have a problem.

We're on the Tassie cruise on the 15th December so they may be on the same cruise. If they live in Melbourne I dare say they know how to get to the Port, but if not the 109 tram will take them straight there from the city. I prefer boarding in Melbourne as opposed to Sydney I feel like they are better organised. You'll often see people there from as early as 10am and the porters are there at that time accepting luggage. They could drop their luggage off and go for coffee or brunch at one of the cafes right next to the port. On board- I personally loved Vines for a glass of wine and sushi in the evening. The international cafe is wonderful although as others have said it can be hard to get a seat. Even though I have cruised 19 times with Princess I always forget that when they are serving afternoon tea in the MDR they also serve sandwiches in the buffet. I wish they would do the same sandwiches at lunchtime and then I wouldn't gain 6 kilos by the end of the cruise. ;p I loved the Curtis Stone restaurant and would do that again. Apparently there is also a Chefs table which you have to sign up for as soon as you get on board-another thing we didn't know! Since they are over nighting in Hobart it would be nice to do a balcony dinner on the night when they are staying in port or to arrange for it to happen when they are slowly sailing out of Hobart, so that they get nice views and hopefully calm weather. The Pizza on Deck 14 (I think) is to die for and from memory is right beside the ice cream stand. People always think my hubbie and I are crazy going to MUTS in the evening when you're crossing the Tasmin but tell the kids to rug up and enjoy the experience.

Trish

Thanks for the hints, especially on boarding.

I think they're on the same cruise as you.

Funny I'm happy to give others feedback, but when it comes to my kids trying to make sure I've covered all the bases especially on a ship I've not sailed on from a port I've never boarded at.

Thanks for the hints, especially on boarding.

I think they're on the same cruise as you.

Funny I'm happy to give others feedback, but when it comes to my kids trying to make sure I've covered all the bases especially on a ship I've not sailed on from a port I've never boarded at.

I'm sure you already know this but the balconies on Deck 10 (caribe) are huuuuge!!!! I've got an aft balcony which is even better but if they go for (I think) any balcony on Deck 10 then they score big.

Trish

I'm sure you already know this but the balconies on Deck 10 (caribe) are huuuuge!!!! I've got an aft balcony which is even better but if they go for (I think) any balcony on Deck 10 then they score big.

Trish

Pretty sure they've decided to go with an inside.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks.

We had a wild splurge and have the grand suite for the chrisstmas cruise leaving melbourne 21 dec. It has a huge aft facing balcony with real nice wooden furniture so it will be a deck chair cruise for me:D:D:cool:

Hi folks.

We had a wild splurge and have the grand suite for the chrisstmas cruise leaving melbourne 21 dec. It has a huge aft facing balcony with real nice wooden furniture so it will be a deck chair cruise for me:D:D:cool:

Pretty sure that’s the day the kids get back.

If it's warm enough and they want a swim, the Lotus Spa Pool is lovely and usually quite peaceful.

The IC can be a nightmare, especially around 10:30-11am. The chair hogs are in place by then so anyone wanting a late morning coffee has to stand or fight for a table.

If it's warm enough and they want a swim, the Lotus Spa Pool is lovely and usually quite peaceful.

The IC can be a nightmare, especially around 10:30-11am. The chair hogs are in place by then so anyone wanting a late morning coffee has to stand or fight for a table.

Great idea thanks,

Golden Princess

Lovely ship we did Alaska in June .I agree the only downside was trying to get a seat at the IC we saw people sit with a glass of water and only leave for the early dinner sitting,they obviously had inside cabins ,but could have gone to one of the other lounges.Even the wait staff who were asking if any one would like coffees etc weren't able to move them on.Every thing else about the ship and the cruise was great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Golden Princess

Lovely ship we did Alaska in June .I agree the only downside was trying to get a seat at the IC we saw people sit with a glass of water and only leave for the early dinner sitting,they obviously had inside cabins ,but could have gone to one of the other lounges.Even the wait staff who were asking if any one would like coffees etc weren't able to move them on.Every thing else about the ship and the cruise was great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just get take away from the IC and go to one of the other lounges.

I just get take away from the IC and go to one of the other lounges.

We drink espressos and they need to be drunk immediately or they go cold, so taking them to another lounge doesn't work for us. Also sometimes I like tea and taking a teapot, milk, cup and saucer to another lounge doesn't work either. The IC on Royal was brilliant, we never had a problem getting somewhere to sit. Sun was reasonable too, it was only Golden that seemed to get the chair hogs.