The cruise ships are coming!

Esilef

Eek.

Wed 20th December 2017; 3 ships in the Bay of Islands.

Ovation ( 4,905 pax )

Maasdam ( 1,266 pax )

Caledonian Sky ( 140 pax )

Total about 6,300

Potentially about 5000 day trippers using tenders, in addition to the normal Xmas visitors already in town.

Eek.

Ovation ( 4,905 pax )

Maasdam ( 1,266 pax )

Total about 6,300

Potentially about 5000 day trippers using tenders, in addition to the normal Xmas visitors already in town.

OMG...

If the tenders from all 3 ships use the landing at Waitangi , just imagine the hassles with the one way bridge into Paihia.:eek:

No red carpet down there, in fact they may not even have a building at the moment after the recent fire.

04 Sep 2017

MFB firefighters have responded to a fire alarm call at Station Pier in Port Melbourne this afternoon.

The initial alarm came through at 12:12pm and on arrival crews found the fire, which started on level 1, had spread into the wall and roof space.

Strong winds helped fan the fire so extra trucks were sent to help contain the fire.

Firefighter operations were also hampered as the internal staircase was compromised by fire within the terminal building.

Approximately 20 workers evacuated the Pier.

Asbestos has been determined to be present so precautions are in place.

The fire took approximately one hour to bring under control and crews are expected to remain on scene for some time.

Victoria Police and Ambulance Victoria are also assisting.

The cause of the fire is yet to be determined and investigators will be attending.

There will be no significant impact on operations of Spirit of Tasmania.

ATTENDING APPLIANCES

Pumpers: 5

Aerial: 2

Rescue: 1

Others: 3

NUMBER OF FIREFIGHERS: 30

04 Sep 2017

MFB firefighters have responded to a fire alarm call at Station Pier in Port Melbourne this afternoon.

The initial alarm came through at 12:12pm and on arrival crews found the fire, which started on level 1, had spread into the wall and roof space.

Strong winds helped fan the fire so extra trucks were sent to help contain the fire.

Firefighter operations were also hampered as the internal staircase was compromised by fire within the terminal building.

Approximately 20 workers evacuated the Pier.

Asbestos has been determined to be present so precautions are in place.

The fire took approximately one hour to bring under control and crews are expected to remain on scene for some time.

Victoria Police and Ambulance Victoria are also assisting.

The cause of the fire is yet to be determined and investigators will be attending.

There will be no significant impact on operations of Spirit of Tasmania.

ATTENDING APPLIANCES

Pumpers: 5

Aerial: 2

Rescue: 1

Others: 3

NUMBER OF FIREFIGHERS: 30

Thanks for the more detailed information.

Please add the Explorer of the Seas leaving from Seattle on Oct 6th arriving in Sydney Oct 29th

Also very interesting info on the fire Islands of Bays, we are on Solstice due to arrive on Nov 10th

at the Islands of Bays and were hoping to go to Russell.

Sue

Eek.

Ovation ( 4,905 pax )

Maasdam ( 1,266 pax )

Total about 6,300

That will be a chaotic day.!!

It's Spring. Nearly time for us to get our cruise ships back.So when are we expecting them to arrive? What new ones will we see here this year?

Not if you live in Perth they aren't, few and far between, grumble grumble

It's Spring. Nearly time for us to get our cruise ships back.So when are we expecting them to arrive? What new ones will we see here this year?

Yes! Not too long now before the 2-night sampler on Celebrity Solstice & then the 5-nighter to Hobart on Norwegian Jewel in November!

Sailing solo both times which I prefer having experienced this 3 times now [emoji33]

Both new cruise lines for me!

Gae - Coffs Harbour

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes! Not too long now before the 2-night sampler on Celebrity Solstice & then the 5-nighter to Hobart on Norwegian Jewel in November!

Sailing solo both times which I prefer having experienced this 3 times now [emoji33]

Gae - Coffs Harbour

Would love to hear how your cruise on Jewel goes. Was seriously considering that one as our 25th wedding anniversary is during that time but aren't going now :( (bought a camper trailer instead lol)

Would love to hear how your cruise on Jewel goes. Was seriously considering that one as our 25th wedding anniversary is during that time but aren't going now :( (bought a camper trailer instead lol)

I was really looking forward to trying Jewel, alas.

• 3 weeks later...

My favourite ship (well so far) is well on her way...

Current position of M/S Radiance of the Seas: Under way from Bora Bora to Wellington

• Departure was 21 hrs 19 min ago. (at 20:00 h local time)
  • Arrival will be in 4 d 19 hrs 41 min. (at 12:00 h local time)
  • Traveled distance since Bora Bora: 355.99 nm (659.29 km)
  • Remaining distance to Wellington: 1,955.63 nm (3,621.82 km)
  • Traveled distance since Honolulu (Oahu, Hawaii): 2,885.57 nm (5,344.08 km)

• Course: 221°

Current voyage:

18 days South Sea from Honolulu (Oahu, Hawaii) to Sydney (19/09/17-08/10/17)

Gae - Coffs Harbour

Enjoy, they are both great but still different.

Going to ask here instead of starting a new thread. Do NCL ever do cruises to South Pacific?

It’s hard to know what they’ll be doing into the future, they’re too recent an addition to the Australian fleet

Going to ask here instead of starting a new thread. Do NCL ever do cruises to South Pacific?

NCL try and avoid tendering and although when they do it, it really depends on the port infrastructure. Time will tell if they if they venture to the south pacific, I suspect 2019 may be the earliest indication when they release those itineraries.