ordering 2 or 3 things in restaurant, lunch/dinner, etc

IamaTexasCruiser

I do it also. I will order two shrimp appetizers almost every night and on lobster night, watch out! I order two. Enjoy, life's to short, and so are most cruises. Whenever I order more than one item, I remind myself that I'll be home in xxx days stirin up some good ole hamburger helper (lol).:')

I wouldn't feel bad, but I would feel funny. I usually eat and drink so much at other places that I limit myself to one of each. If there's more than one thing I want to try, I just promise myself to try it the next time it comes up, or on my next cruise.

If I order more than one starter, I ask to get them at the same time just so my table mates aren't waiting on me.

I do this as well.

I typically get 2 Apps, and sometimes 2 Entrees. If you don't ask, everyone else has to wait for their 1 App/Entree....

Always tell the servers when you would like the 2nd App/2nd Entree to be served . :)

I've had 2 desserts on the rare occasion that I can't make up my mind. Had 2 lobsters once, but I didn't ask for the 2nd one. Others at my table did, so I guess the waiter assumed I wanted extra as well. I ate it, though. I hate to waste food.

I would only feel bad about ordering extra if I didn't eat it all.

We usually order an extra entree of something we want to try or if we're torn on what to get. Then whoever want to sample it can. Only time I get more than one for myself is if I feel like some surf & turf.

Agree, love to get surf and turf. Get a seafood appetizer or entree and then a entree of meat. And I don't leave tons of food uneaten.

As someone who has cruised solo many times, almost 100% in my first years of cruising, I was known to eat like two people at times. If I did order 2 entrees, I ate it all. Didn't take a bite and then push the plate away, since the OP is mentioning waste.

Now that I have a longer history with Carnival, I've probably ate 90% of the MDR dinner entrees, so the appeal of multiples has faded. I do order 2 of the tiny lobster tails on the first elegant night.