Future Cruise Credit (FCC) or Future Cruise Deposit (FCD)

WVBill

When aboard ship, which is it (FCC or FCD) that you can purchase for $100?

I've always called it "FCC", but apparently there is a difference. The following is a line from my current booking made under the 3 for Free (which I paid the $100 deposit):

" Future Cruise Credits cannot be used towards payment of deposit (excluding Future Cruise Deposits). "

What the heck does that mean?

I've always called it "FCC", but apparently there is a difference. The following is a line from my current booking made under the 3 for Free (which I paid the $100 deposit):

" Future Cruise Credits cannot be used towards payment of deposit (excluding Future Cruise Deposits). "

I refer to it as FCC and we recently booked a Princess cruise using our FCC as the deposit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is A FUTURE CRUISES DEPOSIT or FCD. Here on Cruise Critic most refer to it as FCC. Future Cruise Credit because it includes OBC or On Board Credit. A true future cruise credit is something like when Princess grants you funds to use toward the purchase of a cruise due as compensation for some issue that may have happened on a cruise or other.

If you read it backwards and change the language from negative to positive you get the real meaning: that only FCDs and not FCCs can be used towards deposits of future cruises.

This jumble of legalese definitely needs to be rephrased because it can easily also be interpreted as meaning "Future Cruise Credits cannot be used as payment of deposit but can be used to purchase Future Cruise Deposits" which is not true.

Indeed the term FCC is used here on CC incorrectly although we all know what it means from the statement that the poster makes. To be correct though buying a FCD on a Princess ship for $100 deposit does earn one some OBC to be spent on board the future cruise. We were on a cruise in 2015 and were not able to stop at 2 of the ports out of 3 due to weather. The captain did manage to substitute one port which was great IMO because I had never been there. As a result we were all given a several hundred dollar FCC to be used within a year to book a cruise. I like many used the FCC as a deposit on a future cruise the day it was announced. We always have at least 2 FCD for each of us at most times.

If you read it backwards and change the language from negative to positive you get the real meaning:....

Sounds like a line from Alice in Wonderland...:confused:

So, to follow Alice down the rabbit hole... If I had bought an FCD on a prior cruise and I use it as the deposit for a 3 for free cruise, will I get the OBC that comes with the FCD in addition to the 3 for free OBC?

Sounds like a line from Alice in Wonderland...:confused:

So, to follow Alice down the rabbit hole... If I had bought an FCD on a prior cruise and I use it as the deposit for a 3 for free cruise, will I get the OBC that comes with the FCD in addition to the 3 for free OBC?

Yes. The onboard credit that comes with the Future Cruise Deposit is in addition to other forms of OBC you get through various promos.

Jim

It is FCD or Future Cruise Deposit. Future Credits Credits comes when Princess gives you credit for future cruise. Mostly from when a cruise is "Cancelled for no Reason" . The penalty comes back as a credit to your account for a future cruise. The FCC is applied in total to your cruise after a deposit is paid. It also is also your choice to use the FCC on which cruise .

That is the information I got in May when I cancelled under "CFNR".

You purchase a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) which provides Future Cruise Credit (FCC) when you book.

The FCD provides an OBC on the cruise you use it as a deposit on.

Since the FCD can only be used as a deposit, and the OBC only for onboard spend, where's the FCC in this equation?

• 2 months later...

OK, piggy-backing here. I have some questions:

1. If I book a future cruise (credit/deposit) it costs $100?

2. When I get home, I can use that FCD to book a specific cruise. Is the deposit only $100 then for the future cruise? Or will I be paying additional money when I book the specific cruise?

3. If I use a TA (who has OBC for using them to book cruises) I can get both OBC (future cruise and TAs)?

OK, piggy-backing here. I have some questions:

1. If I book a future cruise (credit/deposit) it costs $100?

2. When I get home, I can use that FCD to book a specific cruise. Is the deposit only $100 then for the future cruise? Or will I be paying additional money when I book the specific cruise?

3. If I use a TA (who has OBC for using them to book cruises) I can get both OBC (future cruise and TAs)?

the FCD is $100 deposit on any cruise except a world cruise and segments of it.

You should get both credits. FCD credit is from Princess and the the one from the TA is from the TA.

And the FCD you purchase onboard you pay for on a separate credit. It does not get charged to your onboard account. So the day they enter your request for the FCD it is charged to the credit card that you give them at the time, and a confirmation email is sent to you. It never shows up anywhere on your onboard account at time of purchase.

You purchase a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) which provides Future Cruise Credit (FCC) when you book.

Most here incorrectly call it a FCC.

You purchase a FCD. When you use the FCD to book a cruise it generates a FCC once inboard.

AE_Collector

NO, it doesn't. The FCD is used as a deposit towards a future booking. As a Captain Circle member only $100 deposit is required except for world cruise.

Depending on the length of cruise booked and the cabin category booked on a cruise using a FCD as the deposit, you get some OBC. That is NOT FCC. I wish people could understand the concept as it has been well described here by some posters.

A FCC arises from Princess giving credits due to issues on a cruise or a refund - something like that. That "piggy bank" can be used to help pay for a future cruise, but not as a deposit.

• 2 months later...