Oct 25 Stay - Plan B Hotel in Land Suggestions?

wendycook22

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping for the best , but decided to plan for the worse. I currently have two nights booked for Oct 25-27 pre-cruise stay at a South Beach hotel on the beach. I truly hope the best for Miami and Southern Florida, but think it may be in my best interest to book an accommodation more in land in Miami or FLL. Can anyone make an recommendations on specific hotels or areas that will be more in land? We typically stay in SB, or FLL Beach when we book.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Sending well wishes to all those in Irma's path. She is not playing nice, so please stay safe everyone!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your recommendations. I was concerned about many individuals looking for different accommodations post Irma there possibly being a supply and demand issue.

I was going to book a fully cancellable hotel in a secondary location as a back up to the original SB booking, but will definitely take your comments under advisement. I appreciate it. I am just not certain what to expect, but I am sure no one does.

I hope for the safety of all those in her path.

Thanks again.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your recommendations. I was concerned about many individuals looking for different accommodations post Irma there possibly being a supply and demand issue.

I was going to book a fully cancellable hotel in a secondary location as a back up to the original SB booking, but will definitely take your comments under advisement. I appreciate it. I am just not certain what to expect, but I am sure no one does.

I hope for the safety of all those in her path.

Thanks again.

It is common after disaster of this magnitude for FEMA to book up all of the motels in an area. Locals will also be booked into motels by FEMA as part of their disaster benefits

Irma is the largest hurricane to ever hit Florida it's going to be a massive disaster so there's no way to tell what motels will be occupy about after the storm

I would wait a few days.

Why?

Because we might point you to an area that gets hit harder.

Also it might turn out that where you booked will be fine.

Time is on your side.

Keith

Will follow. I am also booked the same dates in Miami.