Kids on Caribbean Cruise in January

halifaxcruising

We have never cruised Holland American and are looking at a Caribbean cruise in January out of Fort Lauderdale.

It seems that parents take their children out of a school at any given time these days and we we were wondering if anyone can comment on whether we are likely to encounter kids on one of these cruises that time of year.

We are looking for an adult vacation.

Thank you.

We had our 7 yr old great grand daughter on a 21 day New Years cruise & there were lots of kids on the ship. The kids spent all their time at Club HAL during sea days, in port we went ashore. The Lido pool, inside is for kids. The Sea View Pool out back is for adults only.

Allan

We have never cruised Holland American and are looking at a Caribbean cruise in January out of Fort Lauderdale.

It seems that parents take their children out of a school at any given time these days and we we were wondering if anyone can comment on whether we are likely to encounter kids on one of these cruises that time of year.

Thank you.

87,000+ children in Florida alone are homeschooled (including mine). We love the ability to travel on off peak seasons. With that being said, we would never choose HAL to sail on. So if you are not a fan of cruising with kids, then I definitely recommend cruising a line that doesn't encourage kids to join them, aka has a very small if not any kind of kids club at all on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you.

We have cruised several Januarys in a row, usually in the last two weeks of the month. We have seen very few school age kids, although it seems to me that there were some Canadian kids due to their school schedules differing from those in the USA. I agree with previous poster, it was no more than a handful.