Toddler Using Pool/Waterworks?

linzlovestocruise

Even tho a swim diaper will hold in solids, the pool water flows THROUGH the diaper, like a teabag....it's not sanitary and can cause others great intestinal distress. Save your toddler's swimming to a beach. If you are on a ship with a "baby splash area"...feel free.

A 2 year old won't know there is a pool, unless you show it to them!

How hard is this enforced?

If I'm around or in the pool it's ENFORCED!! I'm sorry there's NOT a diaper/swimmer or what ever their called that will contain POOP! I'm not going to be in the same water that your child poops in. If he's potty trained fine but if not let him in the pool, if he poops then the pool is closed, drained and sanitized. Want to piss people off if this happens have at it. It's posted, it's a rule deal with it..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OP, believe me when I say you will see way more critical comments on these boards about the subject then you will ever hear from actual passengers and crew on actual ships.

Dont got in the pool with swim diapers. Kids area/water park, if you choose to have them there no one is going to say a thing. We went on NCL with our 18 month old last year and had a blast, so enjoy the heck out of your experience. Looks like it will be Disney for us for a few years! :D

🤢There are a lot more people that will complain, not to your face, because of the conflict that can occur with IGNORANT people.

OP. If you want to be the person responsible for the pool having to be drained and cleaned go ahead and DON'T follow the rules. If you do decide to break the rules I hope someone tells you to take him out. Boy won't that hurt your feelings. Then you will go crying to GS wanting compensation because your feelings got hurt. Grow up. Be an adult. Follow the HEALTH CODE.

Why is it people can't follow the rules because they are "special".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

On our last cruise, I took our swim diapered DD to the splash area. I let her walk around on the outside, and splash her feet in the puddled for 5 minutes or so. She was happy with that. Her diaper was still dry (outside and in), as with most of her body. All were happy in the end.

Now 2 of my kids are potty trained, and one in in diapers. We plan on going to the beach for try water play. But the most pool time with be some feet in the water and 'splashy splashy".

Enjoy!!! You are parents that I can respect!

two words, Escherichia coli.

please don't share it.

Speaking my language! I guess we're from the same culture :)

It's amusing to think that on a sea day with the lido pool crammed full of bodies and beer buckets that more than a couple of cruisers don't bother to get out to pee. I could be wrong...

Speaking my language! I guess we're from the same culture :)

It's amusing to think that on a sea day with the lido pool crammed full of bodies and beer buckets that more than a couple of cruisers don't bother to get out to pee. I could be wrong...

Yuck - I wouldn't want to be in one and honestly don't understand why people would want their kids to be in it either - especially young children. Sweat, urine, and feces - sounds refreshing to me.

Your comment helps others understand the nickname WalMart of the Seas. Your child is not special. His poop is not clean and without bacteria. He is not a golden child.

I didn't start cruising until my youngest child was four, in part because of the pool rule. People should follow it.

But....I wish everyone would be a bit more understanding when parents ask questions. Most land pool and family-friendly waterparks (for example Great Wolf Lodge) allow swim diapers and even sell them. It's natural to assume from this that swim diapers are considered sanitary. We can debate whether this is actually true, but it's not surprising that most parents assume swim diapers are sanitary and permitted in cruise ship pools. When it comes to splash areas with little standing water, it's especially easy to assume that it's a technicality and not an enforced rule.

As for those who say that it's a Rule and therefore of course will be enforced and should be followed...can you honestly say that every rule, on sea and on land, is strictly enforced and/or you strictly follow it? Not one mph over the speed limit and stopping at every yellow light? And of course Carnival enforces the rule that everyone must shower before entering the pool or hot tub...and no drinks allowed...

I didn't start cruising until my youngest child was four, in part because of the pool rule. People should follow it.

But....I wish everyone would be a bit more understanding when parents ask questions. Most land pool and family-friendly waterparks (for example Great Wolf Lodge) allow swim diapers and even sell them. It's natural to assume from this that swim diapers are considered sanitary. We can debate whether this is actually true, but it's not surprising that most parents assume swim diapers are sanitary and permitted in cruise ship pools. When it comes to splash areas with little standing water, it's especially easy to assume that it's a technicality and not an enforced rule.

As for those who say that it's a Rule and therefore of course will be enforced and should be followed...can you honestly say that every rule, on sea and on land, is strictly enforced and/or you strictly follow it? Not one mph over the speed limit and stopping at every yellow light? And of course Carnival enforces the rule that everyone must shower before entering the pool or hot tub...and no drinks allowed...

You are correct that because a local or state health code allows swim diapers in public pools, that many would assume that they are allowed in ship's pools. This is why, when the question is asked, I give the public health reasons for the rule, to show the reasoning behind it, and to show that the USPH/CDC protects your health better on the ship than off (google "CDC study of public pools" to see that if the pools followed the CDC guidelines, 80% of them would be in violation, and 1 in 5 baby splash areas would be immediately closed). I think what gets most people is that when presented with the facts (the rule exists) and the why (it's a USPH rule, for public health, from experts in the field), that people continue to say, "why should I follow it?". It is the sense of entitlement in continuing to present an opinion that affects public health that gets many, myself included. I know that not everyone follows every rule, but regardless of how strictly enforced a rule is should have nothing to do with your moral decision as to whether or not to follow the rule. And this is the nub of it, when presented with a logical reason for the rule, do you follow it or not? That is your personal decision, I just present the facts.

As some one else said, people on the boards love to take little moral highground stands on various issues like is. In all reality, your cruise wont be filled with these folks with their notepads writing down your transgressions and demanding to speak to an officer.

As I said before, its not very well enforced rule in general. Keep them out of the main pools, stick to the splash areas and you will be just fine.