Do connecting cabins allow more noise?

jewelhux

Hi,

We are on the Allure sailing for the 24th and we are in a connecting cabin (ocean view with larger balcony). I am wondering if it will be noisier than if we had a standard cabin. Will we hear the neighbors more easily because of the connecting door?

Thanks for any feedback.

Hi,

We are on the Allure sailing for the 24th and we are in a connecting cabin (ocean view with larger balcony). I am wondering if it will be noisier than if we had a standard cabin. Will we hear the neighbors more easily because of the connecting door?

Thanks for any feedback.

Most of the time, we had no problem with connecting rooms and could not hear the people in the next room.

There was one exception. On one cruise on the Freedom, we had a very very very loud snorer in the connecting cabin. Did not know someone could be that loud. After the first night, our stateroom attendant put 3 or 4 layers of heavy duty duck take over the door openings (top, bottom and both sides). This mostly solved the noise problem. We still would have heard the snoring, even if we did not have a connecting room. Even the couple in the stateroom across the hall made some comments about the loud snoring.

Hi,

Thanks for any feedback.

If the neighbors are noisy, you will hear them much better through the connecting door than if there was no connecting door.

Hi,

Thanks for any feedback.

We were on the Celebrity Millenium in an adjoining cabin and we could hear EVERYTHING that the couple in the other room was saying. They were not speaking with voices louder than conversational tones and it sounded like they were in the same room as us.

I've been in connecting cabins a couple of times. Both times I could hear the neighbors next door more than in a non-connecting cabin. I have also noticed that in one of them, and I can't remember the ship, but there was no love seat/sofa in the room because there was no room for it with the connecting door. There was a chair instead.

I would not choose a connecting cabin unless it were my family in the next cabin. JMO

You definitely hear your neighbors more in connecting rooms. The connecting door isn't nearly as soundproof as the regular wall. Whether it is enough to be an issue depends on how loud your neighbors are. Personally I avoid connecting rooms if at all possible, as I had neighbors so loud one time in a connecting room I could literally hear & understand just about everything they said.

Just a reminder as well that people often post with difficulties in booking connecting cabins because one side of the pair is often already booked. Folks, if you don't need connecting cabins, please do everyone a favor and try not to book them. I realize sometimes it is inadvertent, and sometimes that may be the only option available in the cabin category, but you'll be helping out the family travelers if you try to leave those open.

I would say it depends on how noisy your neighbor is. I have had very noisy neighbors in both types of cabins. Although, with the connecting cabin I also had a man open the door on us...that would never happen in a cabin without a connecting door. (Of course this happened because the cabin steward forgot to lock the doors.)