Epic - Barcelona taxis at disembark

sandystx

Hi. We are on the Epic in a couple weeks, disembarking in Barcelona. Our scheduled arrival time is 5:00 am. For anyone who has recently ended the cruise in Barcelona, can you kindly confirm - are taxis readily available early? Assuming we are cleared and can disembark around 6 am, are there taxis waiting at that time?

thanks so much.

Taxis service is easy and there is a preset fee, but we walked off early and there were no cabs. Several families ahead of us and we had to wait. My friends got off at 8 and barley made the flight as the line for cabs was long and very few cabs were coming through. Could have been an off week, but that was our experience in June, 2017

• 2 weeks later...

I tried asking these questions in the Spain section. Couldn't get an answer. Can someone share their experience please?:)

Do you need to pay additional fees for your luggage beside the flat rate from cruise port to BCN airport? How much per piece? Are carry-ons or backpacks also counted? My friend went on a Med cruise with his family last year. He grabbed a taxi from his hotel to the cruise port. The taxi driver kept pressing the "additional charge" button on his meter and even over-counted the number of luggage. When my friend pointed that out, the driver said that's the way it works. After the hotel person came out to check on my friend, the driver immediately reversed most of the charges on the meter. When they arrived at the port, my friend paid his fare with a bigger bill, the driver claimed to have no change. After a few minutes, my friend didn't want to bother and just left a big tip to the driver.

I'm sure this might be an isolated incident. Just want to know other people's experience and what to watch out for. Thanks.

I tried asking these questions in the Spain section. Couldn't get an answer. Can someone share their experience please?:)

Do you need to pay additional fees for your luggage beside the flat rate from cruise port to BCN airport? How much per piece? Are carry-ons or backpacks also counted? My friend went on a Med cruise with his family last year. He grabbed a taxi from his hotel to the cruise port. The taxi driver kept pressing the "additional charge" button on his meter and even over-counted the number of luggage. When my friend pointed that out, the driver said that's the way it works. After the hotel person came out to check on my friend, the driver immediately reversed most of the charges on the meter. When they arrived at the port, my friend paid his fare with a bigger bill, the driver claimed to have no change. After a few minutes, my friend didn't want to bother and just left a big tip to the driver.

I'm sure this might be an isolated incident. Just want to know other people's experience and what to watch out for. Thanks.

We were 3 adults from port to airport this June, each with a suitcase plus carry on plus handbags - no additional charges. Each taxi has a sign on the back windows which states the fixed price, in Barcelona only to/from port to airport for €39 right now or to/from airport to Place de Catalunya for €29.

Hope that helps

When they arrived at the port, my friend paid his fare with a bigger bill, the driver claimed to have no change. After a few minutes, my friend didn't want to bother and just left a big tip to the driver.

No it isn't isolated. The first mistake was your friend didn't have small bills. NEVER attempt to pay with large bills and expect change. Anywhere.

I sail in/out of Barcelona a couple times/year. My last trip, had huge long cab lines, which I've also seen in the past. The earlier you get off the more "time" you have, so the only option you should consider if you have to get to the airport. I don't do cabs there, and just use the port bus. :)

Thanks for your replies! :)

Budget Queen, how did you get to the airport via port bus?

The port bus, only gets you out of the port. :) I walk up Le Rambla (drop off point of port bus) and catch this bus.

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/transport/barcelona-airport-bus-aerobus.html

You can also get between the two with the Metro. It does require extra time and certainly not doable for everyone. I manage just fine and is my preferred choice. Have done this numerous times, including- will again in a couple weeks.

Thanks Budget Queen!

We have 4 people in our group. The Port bus + Aerobus adds up to €9pp or €36 total. In that case, maybe we should take the cab for the same price. :)

Just want to confirm. Is it true that the only way (except by foot) to the cruise port is either by the T3 Portbus or by car? No other public transit can get there?

Lots of taxis were ready and waiting on summer 2016. We waited in a long line, but it was a very efficient, smooth operation, and we were soon off to our hotel. Many taxis accept credit cards now, but make sure before getting in. We messed up in one of our short taxi rides assuming he'd have the cc reader and me forgetting my euros when I switched into my evening bag. Thankfully DH was able to scrounge up enough to pay, and we hightailed it to an exchange office.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Budget Queen!

We have 4 people in our group. The Port bus + Aerobus adds up to €9pp or €36 total. In that case, maybe we should take the cab for the same price. :)

Just want to confirm. Is it true that the only way (except by foot) to the cruise port is either by the T3 Portbus or by car? No other public transit can get there?

I'll assume "by car" includes cab? Correct, there isn't anything else.