Shady Seating on RCCL ships

hurwitz5

We haven't sailed on Royal Caribbean for a long time. Celebrity (17 cruises thus far) has been our cruise line of choice for many reasons, one of them being the availability of many shady lounge chairs at the outdoor pool. There are also many lounge chairs at the indoor pool (no extra charge for this area). We are thinking of trying an RCCL ship because we would like to experience different entertainment. Which RCCL ships have shady seating (no extra charges)?

But on majesty you have the upper walkway /sun area above that covers some chairs and tables by the pool. I like being outdoors but not in direct sun

Yes, I didn't mean to imply that Majesty and Empress had no shady areas outside. However, they are missing the adult pool area.

Plenty of shady areas in solarium pool areas, except Harmony doesn't have a pool in solarium. Also side deck area of most main pools.

No charge for pool areas on RC.

Just to clarify, Harmony has shady areas in the solarium, but no pool in the solarium.

We have found SOME shady loungers in Solarium on different RCCL ships and around the pool, but not anywhere near as many as there were on our Millenium cruise earlier this month. Lots more comfortable lounger and non table type chairs on that Celebrity ship. Hopefully will be the same on all Celebrity ships as we loved it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All Oasis, Freedom, Voyager and Radiance class ships have adult only solarium pools with partly shaded areas, except the Harmony, which has a solarium with hot tubs, but no pool. I don't know about the smaller ships as we don't sail those.

Quantum class has solarium and indoor pool for shade.

On the Oasis some days we found the Solarium to be way too hot and of course most of the chairs were taken.

But we always found chairs a few steps away from the main pool near the windows under the overhang. Much cooler and the chairs were a lot more comfortable.