Why so little Roll Call thread activity for HAL cruises?

MisterBill99

We need more people like you, Kazu. We were lucky enough to cruise with you & Jose (FLL- BCN.....March 30-April 13/17). Thanks to all your hard work with spreadsheets, etc., so many of us had a fantastic cruise, either by the various

tours you arranged, or by just getting together. Lots of good memories, thank you! The roll calls are what you make

them to be, in my opinion.

Donna

You are very kind Donna.

And I agree - as you and others have posted -the roll calls are what you make of them.

It was a great cruise and would be our pleasure to sail with you again:hearteyes:

Cheers from brrry cold New Brunswick.

Agree. There needs to be a half way point on roll calls. ;). I guess we have been lucky that way.

Also, don't forget - as a roll call member, anyone can bring up a topic so it is not only private tour oriented ;)

I agree. I've just been too busy with planning 2 other cruises to do that yet, but will. The cruise isn't until next summer, so I have hope. :) Thankfully our cruise later this week has a more chatty roll call. :D

But is that after you've at least chatted on the roll call to get to know each other? I've made life-long friends through CC too, and have had many cruises with them. It's when people talk only about setting up private tours that I have a problem. I have no idea if we "click" or not.

Yes, I should have mentioned that.

But truthfully I get the most out of visiting sites like museums, churches, archaeological sites, etc. when I am just by myself. I can think, ponder, read my guidebook/notes and just let it all sink in!

Yes -- the more important experiencing a place/thing is to me - the more necessary it is is to do it alone - or with someone very tolerant and with similar interests. The last thing you want is to be rushed past something which grasps you, or to have to dawdle around something of interest to someone else which has little pull for me.

It seems like some of the Roll Calls are all about get-togethers, Meet & Greets, or other new friend bonding activities. But in my experience the main focus has gotten to be private tours, and I only book ship-based tours. I'm not going to make up the numbers on anyone's tour so I feel like I do not belong in the Roll Call group. I only respond when I have something to offer, which is not often.

I am curious what you think an RC should be about; if it's not about get-togethers, M&Gs, bonding activities, and/or booking tours, what's left? I can get answers to ship- or itinerary-related questions elsewhere on CC or on the internet.