JFK to Times Square area by cab?

sunsetme

Yes, it is a flat $52.80 rate for a yellow (metered) taxi between JFK and anywhere in Manhattan, in either direction, plus tolls, if any, and tip, and a $4.50 rush hour surcharge only from 4 - 8 pm weekdays.

A car service such as Dial 7 or Carmel Limo will charge about the same, maybe a couple of dollars less. Uber may be less or more, depending on surge pricing and which version of Uber service you use.

Taxi, car service or Uber will all work. It's your choice.

What would the taxi be from lga to the Holiday Inn at times square is it also a fixed rate, thanks

It would be a metered fare so it would vary depending on routing and traffic, but an average fare would be about $40-$45 plus tolls and tip.

If you want to eliminate the uncertain effects of traffic and routing on the fare you could take a car service such as Dial 7 or Carmel Limo, or an Uber.

I think that njhoresman's advice is spot-on. I would take any of the services that njhorseman recommended over the taxi.

Keith

This is even more relevant due to construction delays or Trump visiting the city. The meter keeps running even though you are stuck in traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting but what about Uber surge pricing. I will be arriving rush hour.

You can't predict Uber surge pricing. The taxi rate should be about $75 during rush hour, so if Uber is less you can use it and if it's more you can skip it.

You can't predict Uber surge pricing.

All the app car services, Uber/Lyft/Juno etc have surge pricing. Just last Thursday from my Manhattan to Brooklyn at 5p the cost was $35, 25 minutes later it was $68... Took the subway and stood.

Just don't be surprised by it.