DL Concierge question

LMaxwell

The DL concierge has helped us book shows, excursions, dining, etc and in many cases got us some of those reservations when we were told previously they were not available. Always have been very helpful and got us exactly what we needed whereas GS provided us with instructions on how to take care of it ourselves which is not an issue as we can handle it, but that is the difference we noticed between the two. We don't use the concierge every cruise, but when we do we tip them more.

I think it probably depends on what you need. Reservations for dinner, spa, shows, etc. I have heard them handling. Anything that can be handled by phone you probably can get taken care of.

On Independence my Seapass card would not open door to DL - first night and GS was very busy. After fussing with it for a few minutes, concierge called GS. They were able to make another card. Concierge told me to go to GS and ask for a specific person. I was concerned because I knew there was a big line. He told me to go straight to the front and the employee would be waiting for me. Employee was not part of regular counter staff, at least at that time, so I didn't feel I was cutting in line.

So, yes, he handled the problem, but didn't have the ability to do everything - GS still was involved. Overall he did all he was able to do from his desk.

I've never had need to ask a concierge for anything, but if they can handle regular GS affairs that would be great. A friend told me it is like having another gs desk

We've gone to the D Concierge when our coupons were not accepted. One time she called the restaurant manager and he took care of it. On another occasion she was able to apply a BOGO wine coupon on her own computer. It was on Oasis so it beat waiting at GS.

Gregg

I've never had need to ask a concierge for anything, but if they can handle regular GS affairs that would be great. A friend told me it is like having another gs desk

Correct, the concierge is part of Guest Services.

During "Desk Times" can the DL Concierge handle any request that would also be done at the main GS desk? Are concierge still part of the guest services staff?

Yes, more or less.

They can, for instance, see your SeaPass account, and fix things. Maybe not directly, but with an email, for sure.

Some concierges can make new SeaPass cards. I know that they can do that on the Anthem. They can reprogram wowbands at their desk.

Correct, the concierge is part of Guest Services.

Thanks Bob that clarifies the question and why the concierges are good.

GS and C&A loyalty manager would not print airplane boarding passes for us in Dubai but DL concierge on Vision in February did it within 1 minute.

I have found it depends on the concierge. We have had some amazing ones who manage to pull rabbits out of hats, and others who couldn't be bothered.

Same experience here. One needed prompting several times just to make a restaurant booking.

Same experience here. One needed prompting several times just to make a restaurant booking.

Thats true,we have had some excellent proactive concierges who mingle with the passengers every night while some sit at their desk and keep their heads down for the duration of cocktail hour.

During the busy period (typically drinks happy hour), I find the concierge is often busy with a line of people so not found it that helpful or convenient. If there is a problem, I find lining up at guest services better.

During the busy period (typically drinks happy hour), I find the concierge is often busy with a line of people so not found it that helpful or convenient. If there is a problem, I find lining up at guest services better.

The time's we have been in during cocktail hour i have seen people at their desk but most of the time no one at the concierge desk.