Not really Viking related but......

jetwet1

I have to say, I have been a member of CC for over 12 years, I had pretty much given up on the forums as they have generally become so negative, go to any lines page and it's people complaining about stuff, then others jumping to the lines defense claiming stuff can never happen on those ships etc

This forum (meaning you the people posting) is so different, it is so refreshing, so a big thank you to you all.

EDIT : bugger, bad typing on my part....the title should read " Not really Viking RELATED but....."

I'm going to bed, night all.

I have to say, I have been a member of CC for over 12 years, I had pretty much given up on the forums as they have generally become so negative, go to any lines page and it's people complaining about stuff, then others jumping to the lines defense claiming stuff can never happen on those ships etc

This forum (meaning you the people posting) is so different, it is so refreshing, so a big thank you to you all.

EDIT : bugger, bad typing on my part....the title should read " Not really Viking RELATED but....."

Yes, but heaven forbid we deem you a troll, then our inner-devils come out. Still, I do agree with you, though, people here seem to be much more mature in their behavior and what you find here is what you will find when you sail.

BTW, I think when you made your edit that you could have fixed the title as well using the go advanced editing screen..

I have observed the same thing. I have been lurking on some of the luxury forums, thinking I might want to sail on one of their ships. I must say the forums are so "inside baseball" stuff among a smalll group of posters, or lots of complaining about the silliest things. And the forever dress thread, who is the CD or HD or whatever is mind numbing

Here on the Viking forum are a great group of newbie and experienced Viiking posters who are excited about sailing and ready to answer question with panache, facts, and good humor if needed.

I have observed the same thing. I have been lurking on some of the luxury forums, thinking I might want to sail on one of their ships. I must say the forums are so "inside baseball" stuff among a smalll group of posters, or lots of complaining about the silliest things. And the forever dress thread, who is the CD or HD or whatever is mind numbing

Here on the Viking forum are a great group of newbie and experienced Viiking posters who are excited about sailing and ready to answer question with panache, facts, and good humor if needed.

I'm happy to agree with this. I've been on several forums and haven't posted a question because I was worried about the sarcastic "answers" I would receive. This newbie appreciates the info and kind concern I've been shown. Can't wait for our December cruise. New places, new people... Bring it on!

We have loved our previous experiences on Viking River and are looking forward to our first Viking Ocean Adventure next September! So glad to find active postings from Viking Ocean fans! Postings were really rare for river cruising so appreciate the great tips we are receiving on Viking Ocean and look forward to many more!

The OP makes a great point. I have told friends much the same. Almost no griping about anything on Viking Oceans. What a pleasant change. As a life long Cunarder and voyager on quite a few other lines all I see on those boards are as mentioned, food bad, service bad, not as good as 5 years ago, etc... So, we are on our first VO cruise January 5th on the new Sun. We like the people we have already "met" on the Sun Roll Calls and are eager to experience Viking Oceans. I also thank all those involved in keeping this board "civilized". :cool:

The OP makes a great point. I have told friends much the same. Almost no griping about anything on Viking Oceans. What a pleasant change. As a life long Cunarder and voyager on quite a few other lines all I see on those boards are as mentioned, food bad, service bad, not as good as 5 years ago, etc... So, we are on our first VO cruise January 5th on the new Sun. We like the people we have already "met" on the Sun Roll Calls and are eager to experience Viking Oceans. I also thank all those involved in keeping this board "civilized". :cool:

Well ,I have been lurking on your WC on the Viking Sun.:o Your group sounds so interesting, excited, never sweat the small stuff type of traveler.

I do hope some one will post on a rolling WC blog on this Viking forum ,so we can all virtually join this very first world cruise for Viking.:)

Well ,I have been lurking on your WC on the Viking Sun.:o Your group sounds so interesting, excited, never sweat the small stuff type of traveler.

I do hope some one will post on a rolling WC blog on this Viking forum ,so we can all virtually join this very first world cruise for Viking.:)

There are a couple or so already blogging. Their blog sites are in their posts. Only 110 pages or so to scroll through. Wish I had them noted but do not. But yes, there is going to be documentation of just about everything I think. Must be careful about pictures....:eek:;p

As a self-professed Viking addict, I heartily concur that Viking Ocean and Viking River cruises are wonderful. As Peregrina and I have experienced, when something does go terribly wrong, Viking steps in within hours and has plans, options, support, and people to make things as right as possible. (I'm referring to the Mediterranean cruise that was cancelled due to a turbine problem after the first night of sailing) I think I would be a good candidate to live on Viking Ocean and just go from cruise to cruise and enjoy the new passengers that come on for each sailing. Of course, I'd need to figure out when I'd see my husband and I'd certainly advocate for allowing my cats to come along, too! Minor details.....

There's a bit of complaining and (in my opinion) not-needed hysteria regarding the upcoming Cuba cruises due to multiple itinerary changes coupled with (I think) high expectations. But for the most part, the posts in the Viking section are pretty reasonable and positive. I just shake my head and move on when I read the negative stuff, since I've been cruising a while and know that no cruise line is 100% perfect every time, every place, every day - or if it is, you're probably paying WAY too much for it! Also, sometimes there are operational issues that can't be helped, and as a cruiser, you really need to be flexible and understanding. Stuff happens.

I think what helps is that a lot of Viking cruisers ARE truly what Viking wanted - people who feel the destinations are quite important, with the cruise experience (service, meals, etc.) a little less important. As long as these cruisers get to see the world, it's not a big deal if their steak isn't cooked correctly.

What?! My steak won't be cooked correctly? I am cancelling my cruise immediately! ;-)

We have our travel docs for Cuba; now I just have to curb the impatience. While there have been some glitches, everyone I have talked to with Viking has been professional, helpful and reassuring. Ifthe cruise follows that, I will be a happy camper.