Have you ever seen a celebrity on a Carnival cruise ship???

scomar

Yep - Guy Fieri when he was shooting one of his shows on the Carnival Breeze. What a pain that was - they closed off different areas/venue not just during the shoot, but wherever he went. He was staying in a cabin/suite on deck 7, and they wouldn't even let me go down the hallway to my cabin, which was a few doors from his. They shut down the ropes course so his kids could go on it. Luckily he got off the ship permanently at our second port!

We were on the Breeze just after his visit and a few staff talked about the 'experience' just as you described.

Guy is a tool. No idea how to cook at all. Terrible to his employees and staff. Real last name is Ferry changed to sound ethnic. He is the worst thing on the food network by far.

He has a restaurant a few miles from my house and it's not good at all. Tried it 3-4 times, Chili's is better.

And Micheal Winslow, from the Police Academy movies, on the Glory a few years later.

Was he the fellow who made all the wild sounds? If so, I recall a Carnival cruise where he was "randomly" brought up onto the stage and started all the sounds - they soon let us in on the fact that he was the "Police Academy guy". Interesting talent to have!!

Tom

He opened a restaurant in NYC a few years ago and food and service was pretty universally panned.

If it's the one on 44th it only has 3 stars on yelp and not so hot reviews. Growing up in NY I know how hard it is for any restaurant to make it but I would expect better reviews for him. His opening reviews for NY were pretty bad. Anyway he doesn't even own the NY one. Most of the restaurants he owns have closed due to poor reviews and decline in patrons.

His burgers onboard are very good but his restaurants have mostly closed. The one near me is not that busy and I would expect it to close like most others in CA.

The sad part of it is if you would listen respectfully to others point of view we could learn from each other. Unfortunately it doesnt work that way any longer

I cannot even remember disagreeing with you on a subject....

The sad part of it is if you would listen respectfully to others point of view we could learn from each other. Unfortunately it doesnt work that way any longer

100% agree with you on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's the one on 44th it only has 3 stars on yelp and not so hot reviews. Growing up in NY I know how hard it is for any restaurant to make it but I would expect better reviews for him. His opening reviews for NY were pretty bad. Anyway he doesn't even own the NY one. Most of the restaurants he owns have closed due to poor reviews and decline in patrons.

His burgers onboard are very good but his restaurants have mostly closed. The one near me is not that busy and I would expect it to close like most others in CA.

One would think that Fieri who runs around the country in his show Diners, Driveins would visit his own places and understand that his restaurants are serving crap.

I remember that cruise well! We were turned away at the steakhouse when we arrived at our appointed time as they were filming him and his family in there. We (and others) were directed to a nearby bar where we were given a free drink. After a period of time (15-20+ minutes?) we were "allowed" into the steakhouse. As we were entering one of his crew came right up to me and told me (something along the lines of) "walk right by him, do not look at them, etc...". I replied with a comment such as "why would I", or "I wasn't planning to"...

Yep - he was not on anyone's Christmas list after that sailing. I recall some threads stemming from that as well back when it happened, with some also backing up his less than positive reputation. One does not need to be nice/good in order to amass $$.

------------

On our NCL Eclipse cruise last month I saw CeeLo Green in the Haven lounge on a couple of evenings. Very laid back. I understand he had recently been on for 2-3 sailings. He left "early" along with us and 1/2 the ship when the cruise was cut short due to Irma. The other 1/2 stayed on and ended up with 3 days in Cozumel.

Tom

Lol. I would have said, "Tell him not to look at me."