Why so little about Jade?

Paul S

Having booked a Norwegian fjords cruise for next year on Jade I've been looking for postings with reviews, information, questions, guidance, etc. regarding Jade but they seem to be far and few between. Any ideas why?

Having booked a Norwegian fjords cruise for next year on Jade I've been looking for postings with reviews, information, questions, guidance, etc. regarding Jade but they seem to be far and few between. Any ideas why?

I’d say that the Jade has been covered on these boards more than any other ship lately.

There have been quite a few live reports posted on here, lots of pictures since the refurb, and quite a few questions. Lots of info on here.

Jade isn't one of the hot new ships with lots of questions. My understanding is that the gem ships are all very similar - so if you see anything for the pearl, gem, or jewel it may apply to the jade as well. I was on it pre-dry dock so not sure what all changed. I don't think it does the fjords itinerary often so if you are looking at jade and fjords there probably isn't much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

She hasn't always been the Jade. She started out as the Pride of America for Hawaii in 2006. Then did time in Europe & Caribbean. She is the sister ship of the Dawn.

Not sure what definition of "sister' is but Dawn and Star are part of the Dawn class. Jewel, Jade, Pearl, Gem are part of Jewel class. Jewel class and Dawn class are similar.

Having booked a Norwegian fjords cruise for next year on Jade I've been looking for postings with reviews, information, questions, guidance, etc. regarding Jade but they seem to be far and few between. Any ideas whGe

Getting ready for our fifth cruise on the Jade! After leaving Hawaii, it did itineraries in Europe and has only recently been assigned to the Western Hemisphere for part of the year. It's a "Goldilocks" ship for us....not too big, not too small. I should have three or four cruise reviews posted for the European itineraries done in the past.

Might be better off checking the reviews section rather than the message boards. It's where I post my reviews including the one of the Jade in the Norwegian Fjords.

She hasn't always been the Jade. She started out as the Pride of America for Hawaii in 2006. Then did time in Europe & Caribbean. She is the sister ship of the Dawn.

The Jade is not the sister ship of the Dawn.

The Jade is a Jewel class ship so is sister ship of Jewel, of Gem, of Pearl. They all have Spinnaker observation lounge in bow and have The Great Outdoors in stern.

The Dawn, and also the Star, have cabins that replaced bow's Spinnaker observation lounge.

Not sure what definition of "sister' is but Dawn and Star are part of the Dawn class. Jewel, Jade, Pearl, Gem are part of Jewel class. Jewel class and Dawn class are similar.

I have been on both and everything was set up the same. The only thing different were the names of restaurants. So I figured they were close to sisters or at least in the same family.

I have been on both and everything was set up the same. The only thing different were the names of restaurants. So I figured they were close to sisters or at least in the same family.

Whilst they are similar in design, there are a lot more differences than just the names of restaurants. For example:

The Jade has a Haven.

The Dawn has a kids pool aft of the Garden Cafe, whereas the Jade has the Great Outdoors.

The Dawn has cabins forward of the pool deck, and on deck 13 above where the Jade has Spinnaker and the Spa/Gym.

The Jade has the bar central area on deck 6, which isn’t on the Dawn.

The Jade, Pearl, Gem and Jewel are bigger than the Dawn class, and have some fairly significant differences in places, similar to the differences between the Breakaway and Breakaway Plus classes.

I have also been on both and they are far from the same. Most things are different.

Many thanks to all. Several reviews have appeared since I last looked.

Not sure why it should be, but a number of the eviews couldn't be accessed.

The recent reviews regarding the 11th September cruise to Iceland seem to have disappeared. It maybe because on this cruise there very large numbers of one nationality causing a large number of complaints, especially regarding dinning.