Higher Mariner levels

In addition to the laundry, I also enjoy the discount on wine packages. Silly me! How could I forget that? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of us 4 and 5 star Mariners are ever going to be spotted on the ship drinking our cheap wine in dirty clothes ;p

Definitely a good deal - although it can be a PITA to get it applied sometimes;)

Really enjoyed the first culinary class on the Westerdam (asked too late to get in on the previous cruise).

And the deal on the wine packages is always appreciated by us :)

Greedy gus that I am, the internet perk is ok, but really doesn't get you much time. But a bird in the hand..... :)

Sadly the discount on wine applies to a limifed list and though the wine I order often is moderately priced, I got no discouunt on my bottles. If you don' care for the few wines they discouunt, it is a meaning less benefit.

None of us 4 and 5 star Mariners are ever going to be spotted on the ship drinking our cheap wine in dirty clothes ;p

Luckily I drink white...takes zero time for me to spill my wine on myself! LOL! [emoji23]

Edited by innlady1

Usually the Admiral's package has some good ones, especially whites.

Nobilo :).

DH likes the reds and there is usually one or two whites in the Navigator package that I like, but since it has changed I will evaluate on the ship when I find out what they have ;)

Nobilo :).

DH likes the reds and there is usually one or two whites in the Navigator package that I like, but since it has changed I will evaluate on the ship when I find out what they have ;)

'Good is particularr to each person's taste. whatt tastes 'good' to me may not to someon else. I did not like the choices. Those of us who drink wine often have a favorite grape or two.

'Good is particularr to each person's taste. whatt tastes 'good' to me may not to someon else. I did not like the choices. Those of us who drink wine often have a favorite grape or two.

Very true. I hope you are able to find just the right wine to suit from HAL's large selection.

We feel lucky to be able to enjoy the Mariner discount on some wines we consider worthwhile.

Very true. I hope you are able to find just the right wine to suit from HAL's large selection.

We feel lucky to be able to enjoy the Mariner discount on some wines we consider worthwhile.

I found the wines I REGULARLY ORDER ON HAL's WINE LIST AND Bought plenty of it but had no discount for being five star Mariner. I had to buy the wine I like and forego any discouun or buy wine that is not one I enjoy as much as other or do without having wine . at all. I bought the wine I like. I did not find a package that has the wines I like. It is not a matter of finding a wine to suit from HAL's large selection. It is a mater of the package wine lists............ NOT HAL's L wine list. Qujite different situation, , ... Yes ??? The packages are pretty dismal IMO and I am NOT a wine snob as some people commonly use that expression. One cannot have the Mainers discount on jjus any bottlld of wine from HAL 's wine list. They force us to buy a package to have our 5 star Mariner discouunt. (what kind of benefit is that?) and t is' take it or leave it for the wines inc luded in the package. . I had to leave it. I we want to enjoy our earned Mariner discount, we have to order from a much lessened wine selection.

Edited by sail7seas

Luckily I drink white...takes zero time for me to spill my wine on myself! LOL! [emoji23]

I am two days from being 4*. I am fairly certain that my clothes will be dirty five minutes after I dress. And that is BEFORE I get to drinking the cheap wine ;)

I am two days from being 4*. I am fairly certain that my clothes will be dirty five minutes after I dress. And that is BEFORE I get to drinking the cheap wine ;)

[emoji485] [emoji23]. [emoji485]

I found the wines I REGULARLY ORDER ON HAL's WINE LIST AND Bought plenty of it but had no discount for being five star Mariner. I had to buy the wine I like and forego any discouun or buy wine that is not one I enjoy as much as other or do without having wine . at all. I bought the wine I like. I did not find a package that has the wines I like. It is not a matter of finding a wine to suit from HAL's large selection. It is a mater of the package wine lists............ NOT HAL's L wine list. Qujite different situation, , ... Yes ??? The packages are pretty dismal IMO and I am NOT a wine snob as some people commonly use that expression. One cannot have the Mainers discount on jjus any bottlld of wine from HAL 's wine list. They force us to buy a package to have our 5 star Mariner discouunt. (what kind of benefit is that?) and t is' take it or leave it for the wines inc luded in the package. . I had to leave it. I we want to enjoy our earned Mariner discount, we have to order from a much lessened wine selection.

So, basically you don't like how HAL has set up their reward system because it isn't exactly what you want. I am sure their are many others who have a wish list, too, for exactly what they would like from the Mariner rewards. We all do. But HAL cannot please everyone.

I think it fair and reasonable to say that HAL does have a variety of rewards that are broad enough for everyone to be able to find a couple of things that appeal.

I like the discouunt for the specialty restaruants and that is about all.

The same as others are entitled to like what they like, I am entitled to dislike what I do not like, am I not? Or is it that I am not supposed to s ay so? :)

Edited by sail7seas

I think it fair and reasonable to say that HAL does have a variety of rewards that are broad enough for everyone to be able to find a couple of things that appeal.

Sounds fair to me. We all find something we like, and things we don't. Just different things.

One thing I do like, but can't always access, is the free day in the thermal spa. I love those heated ceramic loungers, and think I could spend a full day there, if HAL let me.

Unfortunately, they don't exist on the Prinsendam, and that's where my last and next cruises are.

Oh, well. I don't pick my cruise based on the perqs.

Usually the Admiral's package has some good ones, especially whites.

Yes they do. I used to pre-order but then found they sometimes had different wines in the package on board. As 4* I love the discount, haven't had a wine yet I didn't like (;p) in the whites, even the house wine is OK. I haven't yet appreciated the free laundry as we have been in Neptunes, but next cruise I will, and this is really a bonus when you do longer cruises. The discount for specialty restaurant is great too. Yes I'd like free or much cheaper internet, but overall I'm happy with what I've got.

To clarify: on the Prinsendam instead of the Spa Day 5 stars get one extra Pinnacle dinner complimentary in addition to the two others.

I honestly wasn't aware of that, although now that it's mentioned, I think I recall reading that once. It certainly explains the charging on my last Prinsendam cruise. I got three free, and was charged 1/2 price on the 4th.

I'll remember that on my next Prinsendam cruise.

I honestly wasn't aware of that, although now that it's mentioned, I think I recall reading that once. It certainly explains the charging on my last Prinsendam cruise. I got three free, and was charged 1/2 price on the 4th.

I'll remember that on my next Prinsendam cruise.

I didn't know that![emoji3]

Ladies: always read the fine print and then try to remember it!

Another good reason to sail the Prinsendam.

Hope you both enjoy that extra dinner.

Yes they do. I used to pre-order but then found they sometimes had different wines in the package on board. As 4* I love the discount, haven't had a wine yet I didn't like (;p) in the whites, even the house wine is OK. I haven't yet appreciated the free laundry as we have been in Neptunes, but next cruise I will, and this is really a bonus when you do longer cruises. The discount for specialty restaurant is great too. Yes I'd like free or much cheaper internet, but overall I'm happy with what I've got.

Which, in your opinion are the 'good ones'.... to your taste?

Same for me with reference to the laundry.

Edited by sail7seas