Higher Mariner levels

Princess gives some free wi-fi time to the top two levels of their cruisers. They have four levels. The amount of time depends on the length of the cruise. On a recent cruise I asked the front desk to print an airline boarding pass for me. They refused and told me to purchase some wi-fi time. I did not thank them for the suggestion. On my upcoming cruise I booked a Neptune suite. I will ask the concierge to print my boarding pass. Wonder if they are allowed to do so for Neptune suite guests.

I’m a 5-Star currently on the 21-day Panama Canal cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam. I’ve always enjoyed the free 5-star cooking class but on this cruise there are 8 slots for each of the 3 classes that are all at 9AM on PORT days and the topic for each class is “Eggs”. In case anyone is wondering we do have plenty of SEA days for these classes to occur. I will choose not to take advantage of this 5-Star perk on this cruise! I would enjoy free WiFi, though, or 50% off the biggest WiFi package.

Princess gives some free wi-fi time to the top two levels of their cruisers. They have four levels. The amount of time depends on the length of the cruise. On a recent cruise I asked the front desk to print an airline boarding pass for me. They refused and told me to purchase some wi-fi time. I did not thank them for the suggestion. On my upcoming cruise I booked a Neptune suite. I will ask the concierge to print my boarding pass. Wonder if they are allowed to do so for Neptune suite guests.

Yes, they will print a boarding pass for Neptune guests.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, they are. The concierges were busy printing boarding passes for some of the NS passengers on our Rotterdam cruise (May, 2017)

Princess gives some free wi-fi time to the top two levels of their cruisers. They have four levels.

Cunard has much the same only for the top 3 (of 4) levels. You get two hours of free Wi-Fi after 20 days (or 2 cruises), 4 hours after 70 days (or 7 voyages), and 8 hours after 150 days (or 15 voyages). Nice thing is that on longer cruises you get the free hours every segment.

For those who would like to see new HAL add higher levels, what kind of perks beside Wi-Fi would you like to have?

Cunard has much the same only for the top 3 (of 4) levels. You get two hours of free Wi-Fi after 20 days (or 2 cruises), 4 hours after 70 days (or 7 voyages), and 8 hours after 150 days (or 15 voyages). Nice thing is that on longer cruises you get the free hours every segment.

For those who would like to see new HAL add higher levels, what kind of perks beside Wi-Fi would you like to have?

That's a nice benefit from Cunard. HAL's for 5* is 50% of the 100 minute package.

It might be nice to add drycleaning to the free laundry package. It solves a lot of problems with items you need to be careful of ;)

If one can afford to make five star than one should be able to afford Wi Fi! Though it would be a nice five star perk!;)

Shouln 't each decide whatt they wish to spend money on. whether one an ';afffrffod wif i, is no the isse, IMO. t I can afford full price dinner or lunch in Pinnacle. Does that mean I should not get the Mariner discont? If I choose rro eat tnhere?

If they want, they can take the fr ee laundry as Neptunes get that included in the fare.

If one can afford to make five star than one should be able to afford Wi Fi! Though it would be a nice five star perk!;)
Shouln 't each decide what they wish to spend money on. whether one c an ';afford wif i, is not the issue, IMO. t I can afford full price dinner or lunch in Pinnacle. Does that mean I should not get the Mariner discount? If I choose rro eat tnhere? If they want, they can take the fr ee laundry as Neptunes get that included in the fare.

That's a nice benefit from Cunard. HAL's for 5* is 50% of the 100 minute package.

It might be nice to add drycleaning to the free laundry package. It solves a lot of problems with items you need to be careful of ;)

Ask nicely and you shall receive ... I did ;) A few items thrown in once in while, like formal shirt :D

Ask nicely and you shall receive ... I did ;) A few items thrown in once in while, like formal shirt :D

You asked your steward? And they didn't charge? Thought that was automatic. Good for you :)

I always ask nicely :hearteyes:

I agree with everyone about the complimentary laundry!

But we do like the 5 star rewards of the two complimentary Pinnacle dinners and one Cooking class, plus the Spa day and 50% off one internet package. Also, the 4 star rewards of 50% off wine packages and the Explorations Cafe.

This is just my opinion but I can't quite see why so many here "don't need more perks" beyond the laundry. There is so much to benefit from at both the 4 and 5 star levels.

I agree with everyone about the complimentary laundry!

But we do like the 5 star rewards of the two complimentary Pinnacle dinners and one Cooking class, plus the Spa day and 50% off one internet package. Also, the 4 star rewards of 50% off wine packages and the Explorations Cafe.

This is just my opinion but I can't quite see why so many here "don't need more perks" beyond the laundry. There is so much to benefit from at both the 4 and 5 star levels.

I never attend t he cooking classes, don';t care about the s pa package, I like the discount for speicality reftauurrants and that is all. The other little Mariner 5 star rewards are a waste and about worthless to me. I had enjoyed the Mariner pre brunch ceremony withCaptain and hotel Director in the past but missed out on it my last cruise.

Edited by sail7seas

I never attend t he cooking classes, don';t care about the s pa package, I like the discount for speicality reftauurrants and that is all. The other little Mariner 5 star rewards are a waste and about worthless to me. I had enjoyed the Mariner pre brunch ceremony withCaptain and hotel Director in the past but missed out on it my last cruise.

It is good to get everyone's opinion. I am glad you like the specialty restaurant deals. We do, too, definitely.

It is good to get everyone's opinion. I am glad you like the specialty restaurant deals. We do, too, definitely.

Definitely a good deal - although it can be a PITA to get it applied sometimes;)

Really enjoyed the first culinary class on the Westerdam (asked too late to get in on the previous cruise).

And the deal on the wine packages is always appreciated by us :)

Greedy gus that I am, the internet perk is ok, but really doesn't get you much time. But a bird in the hand..... :)

Definitely a good deal - although it can be a PITA to get it applied sometimes;)

Really enjoyed the first culinary class on the Westerdam (asked too late to get in on the previous cruise).

And the deal on the wine packages is always appreciated by us :)

Greedy gus that I am, the internet perk is ok, but really doesn't get you much time. But a bird in the hand..... :)

Agree! It is more than just laundry for us. What's not to like??

Agree! It is more than just laundry for us. What's not to like??

exactly. Everything isn't going to suit everyone, but there is an array of things and, at least an effort to try to appeal. I know some will say that other cruise lines do better (and I do like the internet comparison earlier) but I just appreciate what I get ;)

We like all of the perks! Every little bit helps....

Jacqui, we got the internet discount twice on Zaandam, once I bought it, the next time Pat did. So it was really nice, but of course I wasn't doing a "Live From"!:eek:

Jacqui, we got the internet discount twice on Zaandam, once I bought it, the next time Pat did. So it was really nice, but of course I wasn't doing a "Live From"!:eek:

I actually looked at doing that last cruise Ann, but when I cut the numbers it was cheaper to get the bigger package and just the one discount.

Of course, if I had known that internet wouldn't work for a couple of days and I would walk off the ship with minutes still left, I would have done something different. :eek::loudcry:

exactly. Everything isn't going to suit everyone, but there is an array of things and, at least an effort to try to appeal. I know some will say that other cruise lines do better (and I do like the internet comparison earlier) but I just appreciate what I get ;)

Yes, something for everyone.

I have looked at a lot of other Lines' loyalty programs and see less than HAL offers, but with tons of internet.

Another good attitude! Every little bit helps: I agree.