I'm more that P15535 off at Princess!

RetiredNTraveling

I don’t care who captain is or name of cruise director - not important to me - just want a safe and healthy cruise. I’ve sailed many times and we’ve had friendly captains and one not so personal. Also good cruise directors and somebwho should find another line of work. Just go with the flow and chill out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t care who captain is or name of cruise director - not important to me - just want a safe and healthy cruise. I’ve sailed many times and we’ve had friendly captains and one not so personal. Also good cruise directors and somebwho should find another line of work. Just go with the flow and chill out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You might want to read the entire thread or at least read the OP response. This was a joke. No chilling out necessary :)

Your post brings to mind a favorite saying of my brother-in-law-------

"If you can't say something nice about someone, then say nothing; or are you too stupid to understand that?"

I guess that makes two of us.

Well, I really thank each and every one of you. Your advice has saved me a lot of money. No I'm not cancelling the cruise. I now no longer require Hemorrhoid Surgery that the Proctologist recommended, as I got just what I was expecting to get.

As for canceling the cruise, do you think that I would cancel a cruise that I have been waiting to go on for past 4 years? Not hardly and in addition, I have never been on any cruise that was ever a disappointment! And have never complained about anything, well except for the smokers in the cabin directly fore of us and the two of them smoked like chimneys!

But since our very active Roll Call is drawing to an end, well, I was just getting a little bored and thought that I needed some Tabasco in my life, so you are the unlucky victims today!

As those from our Roll Call can tell, th?id=OIP.q2vy0zIMYipX9RW1weZc_gEgEs&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300 and of course they can confirm it!

Now that I have you . . .83412928.gif under my control.

Watch out for that cloud! daffy-duck27-33127.gif

Hope you forgive me, but in case you don't, I will be on a Cruise of a Lifetime for this Flat Land Hillbilly!

Fair Winds and Following Seas!

Just Mike

Hilarious. Have a great trip!

I really did like those pre-cruise emails in the past! I hope Princess will bring them back.

We got our e-mail from the Captain several days ago for our Dec 3 cruise to Chile.

We always get a bunch of these welcome aboards

Steve

All of this thread is just proof that there needs to be a special font to use when typing a sarcastic comment so that people recognize an attempt at humor and don't berate the original poster because they took him seriously.

I have noticed here, and real life...

From time to time, someone posts are says something that they regret...

Or don't want to stand behind...

Or receive a lot of blow-back on...

They quickly say "it was a joke", or "I was kidding"

In real life, particularly when you know the person, it's pretty easy to tell if they were joking.

There are plenty of examples here where people were serious, didn't like the blow back,

and resorted to "I was kidding"

In this case, who knows? Maybe it was intended as a joke, maybe not?

After reading that someone was livid over missing a hurricaine damaged port,

no absurd complaint posted here can be considered over the top.

Or, perhaps the livid comment was a joke, and I missed it...

My experience -- in general, jokes are not that funny, if they have to be explained.

I have noticed here, and real life...

From time to time, someone posts are says something that they regret...

Or don't want to stand behind...

Or receive a lot of blow-back on...

They quickly say "it was a joke", or "I was kidding"

In real life, particularly when you know the person, it's pretty easy to tell if they were joking.

There are plenty of examples here where people were serious, didn't like the blow back,

and resorted to "I was kidding"

In this case, who knows? Maybe it was intended as a joke, maybe not?

After reading that someone was livid over missing a hurricaine damaged port,

no absurd complaint posted here can be considered over the top.

Or, perhaps the livid comment was a joke, and I missed it...

My experience -- in general, jokes are not that funny, if they have to be explained.

If they made the rant and regretted it forget about it and move on. If it was a joke laugh with them and move on. Not all jokes are the funniest ones I have ever heard so if it was a bad joke laugh and move on. I jump on it and let them off the hook. so IMHO should everyone else.

Yes, it can be funny, but a lot of people here kindly took time out of their day to write a sympathetic, supportive, response and share their own experiences about communications w/ Princess.

If an OP is bored and just kidding, it's a good idea to put "JK" at the end, w/ a laughing emoji, so other posters know not to write a detailed, serious response in order to show support.

I was sitting here thinking that Princess sends at least one email a day for about 6 weeks before a cruise, so it would be considered unusual to feel ignored about an upcoming cruise. - EBC

You really care who the captain is, or the cd? I would like to get so info though. I can't imagine what it would be. It would build the excitement

Who the captain is can be very important. Ask the passengers on the last cruise of the Costa Concordia or the Titanic.

Email signed “captain” without a name? Or dear, there is no actual captain assigned with 3 days to go! Lololol

No more coffee for you, and skip the coffee card... too many sea days on that sailing to be that high strung :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Email signed “captain” without a name? Or dear, there is no actual captain assigned with 3 days to go!

When I got an email like that, the captain changed during the cruise.

I also got an email announcing Nicola Furlan as the maitre d', and showing a picture of Generoso Mazzone.

I was livid. Or, maybe I'm kidding.

I printed it and showed it to Nicola. He didn't think it was funny, and asked if he could have it.

Who the captain is can be very important. Ask the passengers on the last cruise of the Costa Concordia or the Titanic.

Yes, but, if you had been given the Captain's name on either of those ships prior to boarding, would you actually have known not to get on board?

We've been getting various emails from Princess regarding our upcoming cruise. From the Captain, about the entertainment, port excursions, and random other things. Also received an upsell offer.

Really - is that the stuff I've been getting all of these years that gets deleted before I read it? I had no idea what I was missing.

I have never understood why people care about who the captain or cruise director are.

Yes, but, if you had been given the Captain's name on either of those ships prior to boarding, would you actually have known not to get on board?

Really - Captain Smith was a highly regarded officer with White Star. Passengers sailed on his ships because of him - he had a loyal following.

Really - Captain Smith was a highly regarded officer with White Star. Passengers sailed on his ships because of him - he had a loyal following.

Just emphasizes the point I'm trying to make - Does it really make any difference to whether you go on a cruise or not if you know who the captain or CD is beforehand?

Just emphasizes the point I'm trying to make - Does it really make any difference to whether you go on a cruise or not if you know who the captain or CD is beforehand?

Nope, good point. But I'd sure be happy if I found that Captain Tuvo was commanding the ship I was going on. What a personality that guy is! :D :D

Tom

I miss the two week pre-cruise entertainment email with actual information about the movies, entertainers, and shows from the actual CD. We were one the cruise just prior to your's and got the generic version too. I wasn't P'ed off but had time on my hands so I forwarded the generic entertainment email plus an older one that was actually filled out to Customer Relations a couple of weeks ago. Yep, crickets from them. Not a game changer but it is rather lazy of them to discontinue the one pre-cruise email that I actually enjoyed.