Tipping hotel shuttle driver

cruisinmems

Yes, especially if they assist with your luggage. I usually will tip $1 per bag or $1 per passenger if no luggage and they are helpful and friendly

Ā 

Edited to add. Iā€™ll tip more if they wait for me, make extra stops etc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree, $5 for 2 people with 3 bags total seems a good amount. We usually stay at the same place in PC and end up with same driver luckily, he's so nice and friendly and definitely earns his tip. Really depends on how prompt they are on drop-off and pick-up also for the shuttle ride.

Always tip!! In the US, the shuttle driver/bellman/valet are all tipping positions. That means their regular hourly wage is substantially lower than, say the Front Desk Agent, because they are expected to receive tips.

I always feel sorry for the guys at my hotel who do all 3 jobs, especially in the summer/fall. The people who come for the business meetings or booked a cheap rate on Groupon/Expedia/HotelTonight, etc., are "cheap." They will take that shuttle multiple times, ask for ice, etc., and not drop a dime...

Always tip!! In the US, the shuttle driver/bellman/valet are all tipping positions. That means their regular hourly wage is substantially lower than, say the Front Desk Agent, because they are expected to receive tips.

Ā 

I always feel sorry for the guys at my hotel who do all 3 jobs, especially in the summer/fall. The people who come for the business meetings or booked a cheap rate on Groupon/Expedia/HotelTonight, etc., are "cheap." They will take that shuttle multiple times, ask for ice, etc., and not drop a dime...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I certainly advocate tipping but your post is incorrect. They are fully paid positions unlike a server/waiter.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums