Four Adults in an Interior Room!

eleyezeeaye

Sure the four in an indoor cabin can work! Go for it while you're young! :D

Good Grief, when we were in college and then just starting out we often stayed in extremely cramped bedrooms with others and still had a wonderful time. (y)

:rolleyes: Of course, there was a time back then when I drank wine out of paper cups! :rolleyes:

First and second passenger in a stateroom are the expensive ones - third and fourth are often a pittance in comparison.

Booking 2 separate staterooms means that you are paying that much higher first and second passenger rate for all 4 people in the end.

Usually this is true. On occasion we have found the opposite true, third and fourth are much more than the first two. Happens at high season when schools are not in session.

I'm not sure what trip you're looking at, but when we priced some out, a balcony cabin was only like $20 more pp with 4 in a cabin than an interior.

If this is a possibility for you I'd look into it. Having the extra space, beds that you can sleep in as couples, and a space to step out and get some air will make a HUGE difference.

I'm not sure what trip you're looking at, but when we priced some out, a balcony cabin was only like $20 more pp with 4 in a cabin than an interior.

If this is a possibility for you I'd look into it. Having the extra space, beds that you can sleep in as couples, and a space to step out and get some air will make a HUGE difference.

We have done 4 in a balcony several times and having the balcony makes it doable because when you’re changing for dinner, getting ready for a port or just all in the room at the same time, you can step out on the balcony and get some air right quick. Sometimes you need fresh air right quick [emoji15]

Price out a balcony or an oceanview. Splitting the upgrade by 4 might not be as much money as you think, and might save your sanity and your friendship [emoji16]

Word of advice - make sure that the person inclined to drink the most isn’t in one of the upper bunks. They might need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and forget they are in a bunk. Chaos and broken ribs may occur. Word to the wise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah, you probably are a little crazy, but it sounds like you know what you are doing. What ship and how long of a cruise? Just a few days is probably doable, but if its 7 days, you better hope they are GOOD friends, because after a few days even the best of friends get on each other's nerves. LOL

Only 4 days! They are great friends. We camp together often, so I figure it's like a nicer camping trip, lol.

We have done 3 in a room with my daughter (who is just now six and itty bitty) and found it cramped, so I can't imagine 4 in a room. But here goes:

1. Beds need to be separated and hopefully the uppers are situated right above the lower beds (bunk bed style). Then at least you have floor space to walk.

2. Bathroom- use as sparingly as possible. Probably just #1 unless its the middle of the day and no one is coming back. LOL. And consider showering elsewhere or in the middle of the day when the other couple is gone. Also, hopefully the ladies are low maintenance as far as hair and makeup or willing to do get ready in the gym

We are very low-maintenance. Only a little bit of makeup and no fancy hair for us!

3. Alone time- not happening, Not unless you are into "that sort of thing";)

4. Pack light- no a lot of drawer space available and very few hangers. Hang multiple things on one hanger.

5. Pick everything up, it does not take long to clutter a small space. You also might want to do a pop up hamper or one per couple. Getting the suitcases out to put dirty clothes in can be a hassle, especially with a small amount of space and you gotta put your dirty underwear somewhere (assuming you are changing them LOL)

6. Pretty much only be in the room for shower, changing or sleeping and if you can do the first 2 at different locations consider doing that. There is basically NO room to sit or stand in the room so unless you want to lay in bed, no need to be there

7. Discuss any ground rules, pet peeves or issues before you go and feel comfortable to bring it up if something comes along.

Have fun.

Thanks for your suggestions! I appreciate you taking the time to help us out. No matter what, we will have fun. I think your best suggestion was the ground rules. We will definitely have some sort of contract... haha

Not even if it was free. Talk about being claustrophobic. May the Force be with you!

Actually, if it was free I would, but then again I am probably the one out of the four that would make the others say, "Not even for free! :beer-mug::tropical-drink::tropical-drink::cocktail::cocktail:;p

I was curious myself so I did a trial booking for a seven-day on the Dream for October 18. Four in a room was $322 p/p, two in a room was $444. So roughly $500 total more for four people.

a 7 day cruise broke down to 125pp more for added space? its like 12.per day.

a 7 day cruise broke down to 125pp more for added space? its like 12.per day.

Actually $17.44 per day per person. Seems negligible but note that it is 38% higher. For some it may be a deal breaker, and the only way they can go is four to a room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Four adults in an interior would be tight. It would be doable, but tight. Would recommend each person take only a carry-on size bag. We have done 2 adults and 2 small children in an interior, and it was manageable, but barely. Could have been all the accessories required to travel with 2 small children, though.....

Have done this a couple of times over the years...it's very doable.......for dinner....2 at a time getting ready, no more...so first 2 go shower, get ready, then the other 2, we would all meet 15 minutes before dinner for a drink at one of the bars....so if you had let's say 6:00 dinner, first 2 start getting ready at about 4:45....(hope this makes sense)...as you are NOT going to have 4 adults trying to get ready for dinner at the same time, lol.....same with in the morning...i usually got up first..washed up and headed right to lido for coffee, just to free up space...

don't forget the ear plugs.

Have a big group meeting to lay down some rules.

Stuff like:

Lights out time.

Morning wake up time.

Shower schedule.

Morning bathroom schedule. (4 people in and out, plus some showers... yikes!)

Also work out if someone gets up early, can they use the bathroom, shower etc without disturbing other people or should they head to the gym and use the facilities there.

Also agree on where to put shoes. Seriously no one brings just one pair, and those things end up everywhere! Under Beds? Bring along a set of hanging shelves?

Who needs what when getting ready for dinner? Who needs to do make up? Who needs the shower? How long do they take? Can one couple go first, than head down to the bar and the next couple meet them in 30 minutes?

Are you doing date nights? Will you want an evening at the steak house with just your partner? Work out those things first so everyone understands your needs.

Lastly...

Ear plugs and or a white noise machine.

An agreed upon Air Freshner.

Take the time to talk to everyone and make sure no one has some expectation about how the trip will look that won't work for the group.

Have fun!!

Skubb boxes available at IKEA, probably Amazon. Collapsible various size boxes which are great for corralling small items. Toiletries, phone, key card, sunglasses. Each person could have their own. Keeps clutter organized.
Collapsible boxes are helpful. When I sailed in May with 4 ladies in a balcony cabin we brought some from Dollar Tree. They are in the aisle by closet stuff. They are a brownish color and often hide under stuff on the bottom shelf.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your suggestions! I appreciate you taking the time to help us out. No matter what, we will have fun. I think your best suggestion was the ground rules. We will definitely have some sort of contract... haha

When you camp together do you share a tent or have separate tents? I would probably look at the total cost differences between 4 in 1 inside, 2 in 2 insides, and 4 in a balcony. The balcony might be the sweet spot of a little more room for not much more cost. That said, I understand how quickly charges add up and the budget only goes so far.

Have a great cruise no matter what you decide!

When you camp together do you share a tent or have separate tents? I would probably look at the total cost differences between 4 in 1 inside, 2 in 2 insides, and 4 in a balcony. The balcony might be the sweet spot of a little more room for not much more cost. That said, I understand how quickly charges add up and the budget only goes so far.

Have a great cruise no matter what you decide!

Balcs are GREAT for a group of 4 in part because they provide a quiet spot away from the others. When our 2 kids shared our room, I appreciated the ability to go out in the balc with a coffee in the morning while they slept in a little.