Lido food hacks?

elmojessi

Personally, I go to the MDR for breakfast/lunch/brunch and dinner and let them show me via the menu how to have an awesome meal. That way, I don't have to stand in line and they bring me whatever it is I want. It's vacation, after all! ;p

Personally, I go to the MDR for breakfast/lunch/brunch and dinner and let them show me via the menu how to have an awesome meal. That way, I don't have to stand in line and they bring me whatever it is I want. It's vacation, after all! ;p

As Meatloaf would sing " 2 out of 3 ain't bad"! Love doing breakfast and dinner in MDR. Lunch on the fly!

OP last time on Carnival it was a combination of pizza/deli sandwich on Lido!

Getting meat from the Omelette station to add for the four cheese pizza!

Make my own fresh brewed sweet tea.

Great idea for the pizza!

HOW do you brew your own sweet tea though?

I know I've just gone to drinking unsweet(yuck) tea while cruisin. Gave up on adding sugar Cus it refuses to dissolve.

My husband makes his own milkshakes by getting the chocolate milk in cartons and mixing with the ice cream. That's how he gains weight on our cruises. He does this at every meal except in the MDR, we'll go up to Lido after to make it.

My main "hack" i mixing the Lemonade and Tea to make an Arnold Palmer.

We normally carry sweetener drops. Its like your drops to flavor water but its just sweetener in like a liquid/light syrup. It mixes well. But hardly ever have to use it with the Arnold Palmer.

Also, I guess its a hack. We'll load up on cookies, cheese, snacky stuff via zip lock or tupperware items and keep them for snacks while w're in one of the bars at night or playing games in the library.

My main "hack" i mixing the Lemonade and Tea to make an Arnold Palmer.

We normally carry sweetener drops. Its like your drops to flavor water but its just sweetener in like a liquid/light syrup. It mixes well. But hardly ever have to use it with the Arnold Palmer.

Also, I guess its a hack. We'll load up on cookies, cheese, snacky stuff via zip lock or tupperware items and keep them for snacks while w're in one of the bars at night or playing games in the library.

I love the idea of getting a snack for later that night. I frequently need a snack while others are still partying hard. :)

Well this is not really that creative, but at lunch or dinner if they have baked potatoes, potato soup, or tortilla soup, I will go to the taco bar (if they have one) or salad bar and get things like shredded cheese, bacon bits, etc to make loaded soup/potato. or add croutons from the salad bar to my soup. Also if they have nacho cheese for nachos I may use that to make cheese fries. Last cruise on Royal they would sometimes have this minute steak at the breakfast buffet that had onions and peppers in it. I would get the onions and peppers and add it in with the boring potatoes to make better hash browns.

Just little things like that to embellish the food.

We do lots of "out of the box" but our favorites are:

Fries loaded with cheese, ranch and bacon

Hot chocolate, chocolate soft serve, touch of coffee

2 tea bags and sugar with hot water from lido in tervis. Add ice

Guava Juice saved from breakfast and mixed with fresh tea

Overeasy eggs from omelette station turned into a breakfast sandwich

Pizza place cookies crushed over soft serve

Brownies with soft serve ( don't see the brownies much anymore)

If you get a hard boiled egg, look for the small bowls about the size used for dressing on the side. It keeps your egg from rolling around while you look for a seat but also gives you a place to put all the shells instead of getting them in the rest of your food.