5-Star Benefit

taxmantoo

I know that the 4-Star benefit of 50% off Specialty Dining is refunded to our onboard account when the Pinnacle Grill dinner is booked and paid for before the cruise.

Does it work the same way for the 2 free Pinnacle dinners given to 5-Star Mariners, i.e. if I book and pay for the 2 dinners, the full amount will be refunded to our onboard account once we board?

I know that the 4-Star benefit of 50% off Specialty Dining is refunded to our onboard account when the Pinnacle Grill dinner is booked and paid for before the cruise.

Does it work the same way for the 2 free Pinnacle dinners given to 5-Star Mariners, i.e. if I book and pay for the 2 dinners, the full amount will be refunded to our onboard account once we board?

Yes,(after you have your complimetary dinner), is when the cre dit will appear on your statement. It is not there at the moment you board,.

I have never had any problem for the approrprriate credit to show up on my shipboard trrsatement.

Edited by sail7seas

Yes. You will get it back, but only if you are persistent. We laugh about my Husbands daily visits to the front desk, getting our bill straight.

Sandra

Thank you!

For some folks, that is the only exercise they get onboard :D

Edited by taxmantoo

Yes -- you should be credited with the full refund.

But it didn't always happen that way with us. A couple of times I had to keep reminding the Pinnacle Manager that I had checked our shipboard account and saw that he had not notified the purser that we were due those 2 free dinners and thus due a refund.

Yes -- you should be credited with the full refund.

But it didn't always happen that way with us. A couple of times I had to keep reminding the Pinnacle Manager that I had checked our shipboard account and saw that he had not notified the purser that we were due those 2 free dinners and thus due a refund.

So far, I have been fortunate all credits we were due for Pinnalcle always auromatically appeared on our satement. Even this last cruise with the Pinnacle Manager, whom I felt could use more training.

Edited by sail7seas

All of the previous posters observations about the credit are correct in my experience. I would like to emphasize the importance of not waiting until the last day of one's cruise to check your account statement to make certain that all shipboard credit has been applied and any refunds of monies paid are credited. Also take all paperwork with you that shows all credits that are to be applied to one's account.

Last week we prepaid a Tamarind Dinner on the Nieuw Amsterdam and when I talked to the manager he did not seem to know what to do. Fortunately one of his assistants did, so it worked out well. So, you really do have to follow up to get your Mariner discounts.

Good luck with that.:D I'm just a lowly 4*, but I cruise with a 5* buddy (who you know).... maybe it depends on the ship and the PG manager, but last cruise it created confusion and many attempts to get it sorted. And check on your reservations when you board - we found that the ones booked and paid for many months ahead didn't exist, and then they couldn't accommodate the time we had booked.

All of the previous posters observations about the credit are correct in my experience. I would like to emphasize the importance of not waiting until the last day of one's cruise to check your account statement to make certain that all shipboard credit has been applied and any refunds of monies paid are credited. Also take all paperwork with you that shows all credits that are to be applied to one's account.

Good advice, particuarlyly to not wait until end of cruise to review your bill to be sure all qppropriate credits have been applied.

they are refunded but how well it goes depends on the ship.

On one ship, I just asked the PG manager to apply my 5* benefit and it was there the next day (the credit).

On my last cruise, it became a real exercise. They finally said I would see them on the last night. I said no, sorry, I don't want to be here on disembarkation day giving you a hard time. I've had my dinners and would like to see the credits to make sure it happens. (I think that was day 4 after the last PG eligible dinner).

they did credit me but I was glad I asked when I did since it took about 3 days for it to happen correctly.

But it did happen and they did get applied. It just wasn't as easy as it was the previous cruise ;)

So far, I have been fortunate all credits we were due for Pinnalcle always auromatically appeared on our satement. Even this last cruise with the Pinnacle Manager, whom I felt could use more training.

You have been fortunate that over the years you know so many people working on the ships -- we have not been that fortunate.

So I have had to fight for so many perks.

I always check our shipboard account every 2 to 3 days.

And I always take copies of credits we are due, all reservations.

Many people do not know that HAL hasn't been giving people a semi-shipboard account record on the last full day of the cruise. Thus they get surprised on embarkation morning.

Since I now require wheelchair assistance to get off the ship, I am not able to handle problems on the last morning of the cruise.

I wo.ld not chase around on last morning. When the cfuise is over, it is over andIi want off the ship andget to our hotel if we are doing a post cruise stay as we almos always did unless the cruise ended i n Boston. On last morrning, I would not be intterested in dealing with concerige aebout errors on my bill . I would tell my credit c ard c ompany to apply the credit I was owed. Let them deal with Hal.