Jury still out on Oprah

EDLOS

Now that I know what this is, I could easily ignore it and not be affected at all.

However, if O ever does go on board, I wouldn't even want to be in the same port, let alone on the same ship with her.

I don't want to be around her entourage, :D

Agree 100%. (y)(y)(y)

Also, as a Carnival Corporation shareholder, I want HAL (Carnival) to end the "O" partnership and stop using shareholders' money to help O fund causes that I find offensive on many levels. JMO

Sail - you may want to go back to the Oprah stickies and see who first brought up Oprah and politics before you write...

With the hundreds of cruises offered by HAL, why are a very, very few so upset that a handful have special programming that is OPTIONAL? Again, these aren't like the secret "partial charters" where you board and find out your cruise has been overtaken by either duplicate bridge players, ballroom dancers, knitters, Evangelical religious groups, square dancers, lovers of Motley Crue... If you "don't want to be around her entourage", simple - just don't book those cruises. I still do not understand the personal animus shown here...

I'm with you on this. And if you look at the media kit for O Magazine, you'll see that their average reader is around 50 with the majority being college educated. It seems like the PERFECT type of customer that HAL should be trying to attract. I don't even think that the magazine is political in nature, it's all about lifestyle.

In any event, I think I'll just leave this conversation because the people complaining about the relationship because of their views of Oprah are inappropriate for discussion here.

... I don't even think that the magazine is political in nature, it's all about lifestyle.

In any event, I think I'll just leave this conversation because the people complaining about the relationship because of their views of Oprah are inappropriate for discussion here.

Correct, but the "lifestyle" promoted by O Magazine includes more than just healthy nutrition tips. And it is those other lifestyle issues that O promotes that are of legitimate concern to people who do not share O's views. Call it "political" if you want, but to me O's "lifestyle" covers the entire waterfront of cultural issues ... which, in turn, includes politics. JMO

Like you, I'll leave this discussion now ... because I do not need to be told by you or anyone else that my "views of Oprah are inappropriate for discussion here" or anywhere else.

Sail - you may want to go back to the Oprah stickies and see who first brought up Oprah and politics before you write...

Slidergirl : I have no interest to go back and read a number of other threads about "O" I was and am concentrativg on this thread, okay? Actually, I do not wish t to go back and read the stickies about "O" in old threads. This is the active thread on the subject and the one which interests me at the moment.

With the hundreds of cruises offered by HAL, why are a very, very few so upset that a handful have special programming that is OPTIONAL? Again, these aren't like the secret "partial charters" where you board and find out your cruise has been overtaken by either duplicate bridge players, ballroom dancers, knitters, Evangelical religious groups, square dancers, lovers of Motley Crue... If you "don't want to be around her entourage", simple - just don't book those cruises. I still do not understand the personal animus shown here...

You do not have to understand why some people do not find "O" to be one of their favorite personalities. Not a requirement we ex plain nor a requriement you understand. Edited by sail7seas

Does anyone have irrefutable evidence from HAL that having the collaboration with "The Corporation Associated with She Who Shall Not be Named" is having a negative effect on the HAL ROI? Anyone have proof that ships are going out less-than-expected occupancy on those very few cruises? Not just "well, I heard.." Actual links to data. This is all that will matter to HAL. If you don't like it, vote with your money and your feet.

Does anyone have irrefutable evidence from HAL that having the collaboration with "The Corporation Associated with She Who Shall Not be Named" is having a negative effect on the HAL ROI? Anyone have proof that ships are going out less-than-expected occupancy on those very few cruises? Not just "well, I heard.." Actual links to data. This is all that will matter to HAL. If you don't like it, vote with your money and your feet.

The reason we cannot post here we don't like it, Is whatt? and kindly share who made that rule....... where we can read the terms of this rule. Thaanks.. I have not yet come across it, seen or heard about it..

Other than to answer ab out the 'rule, i hope we are now done with 'O". A less than favorite subject of mine.

Edited by sail7seas

The reason we cannot post here we don't like it, Is whatt? and kindly share who made that rule.......

What is HAL ROI?

The reason we cannot post here we don't like it, Is whatt? and kindly share who made that rule....... where we can read the terms of this rule. Thaanks.. I have not yet come across it, seen or heard about it..

Other than to answer ab out the 'rule, i hope we are now done with 'O". A less than favorite subject of mine.

Have you gone back to see who first mentioned politics?...

I said if you don't like it, vote with your feet and your pocketbook...

And, when did someone, other than a moderator, get appointed to say when a topic is done on this forum? Pot, meet Kettle :rolleyes:

HAL is concerned with it's ROI, not whether a couple of people whine on a website about old being replaced by updated to attract a new clientele. If HAL cared about some of the things the old cruisers here are complaining about, HAL would re-imagine themselves as the retro niche line. They aren't going to do that from what I've seen/read.

I usually like you. I defended you many times when people ridiculed your writing (not the content, but your issues with typing). Your usual positivity seems to me to have changed drastically lately. I hope something hasn't happened to you, honestly. You are sometimes a valuable source for people.

Have you gone back to see who first mentioned politics?...

I said if you don't like it, vote with your feet and your pocketbook...

And, when did someone, other than a moderator, get appointed to say when a topic is done on this forum? Pot, meet Kettle :rolleyes:

HAL is concerned with it's ROI, not whether a couple of people whine on a website about old being replaced by updated to attract a new clientele. If HAL cared about some of the things the old cruisers here are complaining about, HAL would re-imagine themselves as the retro niche line. They aren't going to do that from what I've seen/read.

What is HAL ROI?

Is that some sort of industry specific abbreviation ?

I don't like Oprah, I have no desire to be anywhere around her, and I'm not a fan of HAL's partnership with her. I'm curious how you think it's inappropriate to say that? Surely it's not because it differs from your opinion, right? :confused:

What is HAL ROI?

Isg that some sort of industry specific abbreviation ?

I apologize. I forgot your request in other threads for not using abbreviations.

ROI - Return on Investment. Benefit or loss from an "investment." HAL invested in the collaboration with Harpo, Inc, in the hopes of attracting new clientele, helping to fill ships, making a profit. So, they will look at the financial return on the collaboration. A very basic definition as it is more intricate than that. but, you get the gist, right?

Sorry, but you are mistaken. Back when this whole Oprah started (some are still stickies), people were bringing up her politics and possible aspirations, the backing she gave to the Chicago Olympics bid (if you don't think those are politic, you have your head in the sand).

Still, HAL did not sign with Ms. Winfrey; they most likely signed a collaborative agreement with Harpo, Inc...

But, enough.

this post is on the page previous to this one.

The reason we cannot post here we don't like it, Is whatt? and kindly share who made that rule....... where we can read the terms of this rule. Thaanks.. I have not yet come across it, seen or heard about it ...

I don't like Oprah, I have no desire to be anywhere around her, and I'm not a fan of HAL's partnership with her. I'm curious how you think it's inappropriate to say that? Surely it's not because it differs from your opinion, right? :confused:

Spot on (y) (y) (y)

Can all of you just really relax!!!!!

There are other things in life soooooo

much more important!!!

This is suppose to be a board we can come to and enjoy instead of crap coming from so many!!!!

Denise:)

And please don’t tell me well don’t read it!!

You guys are being petty now!

Maybe Walt needs to come in!

much more important!!!

This is suppose to be a board we can come to and enjoy instead of crap coming from so many!!!!

If you want moderation, use the triangle to notify Walt.

much more important!!!

Denise, you are right. It is enough of "O" talk. :eek:

If you want moderation, use the triangle to notify Walt.

I’ve been on this board long enough. I know how to contact Walt!

Enjoy your evening all please.

I will enjoy mine with dinner and an ocean view! Just finished making dinner!

Goodnight all!

I love all CCERS on this board but enjoy your lives!

Denise🤗