Just booked my first HAL cruise!

jabrown40

After a lot of back and forth, we cancelled our cruise in Venice and decided to go north to Canada and New England on July 7th. Surprisingly, we have been to Europe twice, and never to Boston, or into Canada. Holland was the only itinerary I could find that sailed in the summer. I received a lot of help last year when thinking of this cruise, and appreciate all of the comments I received. We decided on Veendam, and I was able to get a Vista corner aft balcony, I have lots of questions, but plan on doing some research with the search function before posting a lot of the same ones previously asked. Sad to see no roll call for our cruise yet.

Welcome! I just recently booked my first HAL cruise and I've found the people on the HAL boards very welcoming and helpful. There are some great sources of wisdom and information here.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Boston to Montreal was my first HAL cruise and I'm hooked! This is a fantastic itinerary but also a busy one! I think we only had one sea day to relax. Have a great trip and I'm glad you're doing your research - I wish I had done more research before my first cruise.

Welcome to Holland America, you chose a wonderful itinerary. I live in New England, Bar Harbor, Maine has some of the best sea food and I would definitely recommend getting a Maine lobster, some steamers while your there.

Enjoy your cruise.