Upgrade! Woo hoooooo!!!

Borrillje

We booked a December cruise on the Jewel back in February pretty much on whim because we got a ridiculous deal...on a deck 2 cabin. I've never been really crazy about staying on deck 2, despite many kind Cruise Critic-ers assuring me it would be fine. I was willing to do it though, because of the great deal we received.

Regardless - I won't have to stay there anyway. I just called Royal for the heck of it. Yada yada yada, we're on Deck 8, in an over-sized balcony room, for the EXACT SAME PRICE.

I can't believe it!! :D:p:cool:

We booked a December cruise on the Jewel back in February pretty much on whim because we got a ridiculous deal...on a deck 2 cabin. I've never been really crazy about staying on deck 2, despite many kind Cruise Critic-ers assuring me it would be fine. I was willing to do it though, because of the great deal we received.

Regardless - I won't have to stay there anyway. I just called Royal for the heck of it. Yada yada yada, we're on Deck 8, in an over-sized balcony room, for the EXACT SAME PRICE.

How exactly did that conversation begin? Did you just ask what your upgrade options/price would be?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Well done!!!

Awesome! Congratulations! :D

Congrats on the upgrade.....:):):)

Bob

How exactly did that conversation begin? Did you just ask what your upgrade options/price would be?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Well done!!!

Hi!

I was just super friendly to the guy, and asked "if there's anything available higher up," and "if so, how much would it be to change," and "if not, no big deal." The guy who helped us checked, and came back and offered the move and told us it was free. Unbelievable.

Were the upgrades made through the cruise line after booking through the cruise line? Or, if done through a TA, would the TA have to call to see what upgrading options/charges would be?

We booked over the phone directly with Royal. I called the 800 # and spoke to a random guy to ask about the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi!

I was just super friendly to the guy, and asked "if there's anything available higher up," and "if so, how much would it be to change," and "if not, no big deal." The guy who helped us checked, and came back and offered the move and told us it was free. Unbelievable.

Awesome. After seeing some other comments to this effect, or upgrades at minimal charges, I'm absolutely going to mark a day on the calendar to call in!!!!