ME Miami (Hotel)

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Curious if anyone has stayed at the ME Miami...?

I booked it this afternoon via Hotwire for $156.00.

Trip Advisor has a lot of mixed reviews... we're pretty much only going to be there to sleep after dinner, but I'm feeling like I made a huge mistake cancelling Marriott Biscayne Bay for this place.

Any of you seasoned cruisers stayed here before?

I haven't stayed there but have previously looked at the reviews.

I think part of the reviews comes down to ones expectations. I think if one thinks it will be a luxury hotel their expectations are much to high and they will be disappointed.

To me it is a new hotel at a competitive price in the three star level. Not knowing that but that is what I would expect it to be.

I do believe in the 80/20 rule which is if 80% of the respondents have a favorable or unfavorable view of something I accept it as fact until I try it out myself. While it's not quite 80% is see that 76% rate it excellent/very good and if we say that average is good then you are at 84% with a positive view.

Keith

• 2 months later...

Just won the Hotel on Priceline bid. Will review when I return in March. Wondering if the OP or anyone else may have stayed there and has any comments?

In reviewing tripadvisor I do see some comments that make me think Keith might be right, but some others have me a little concerned.

Ultimately it’s supposedly a 5 Star hotel so how bad can it be?

If you click on the NCL Escape review link in my signature, you'll read about our experience....with photos.

That smell in the lobby of the hotel? It's called Fabuloso and it is horrific. Everyone uses it in South Florida.

Great review. BTW, Miami is infamous for its lack of service.

Eh. Obviously I don't stay in many Miami hotels (I live here) but I think its a bit of a fake luxuary. For that price expect a 3.5 star type hotel. Its in a nice condo building on Biscayne Blvd but its right next to I-395 a very busy highway. I assume the hotel rooms are on the lower floors.

The location is pretty good though. Not right in the middle of the heart of Downtown/Brickell but close enough to walk or easily take the metromover.

If your goal is to have a bed to sleep in close to the port then this should be fine. Its just not what people probably think it will be when looking at the building and the website.

• 2 months later...

Stayed 2 nights at ME Miami on 3/9 and 3/10. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I was worried when I arrived (9:00 PM) and was told my room wasn't quite ready and they would need 15 minutes. They offered to waive the facility fee for the trouble. No big deal so we dropped our bags and walked to Bayside for a bite to eat.

Room was ready when we got back. Nice room over looking Biscayne Blvd with a large balcony and a view of the Port of miami. Room was very quiet and spacious.

I'm not 100% sure it's a 5 star hotel but more of a Luxury Boutique hotel. Bed was comfortable and the wifi excellent. Would stay here again.