How Long Will This Sale Last?

I found an amazing deal for the Freedom of the Seas in August 2018, and both itineraries have the same pricing. It is such a good deal, and I really want to take it, but the person I would be taking it with does not know if she can commit to a cruise at the moment. The price has the BOGO reduction, plus some "SAV" reduction of $75 (don't know what that is), plus $50 OBC. How long will this sale last? Do you think if we were to wait a week or so we could snag it at the same price? Or should I consider finding another cruise buddy or putting the idea out of my mind? Thanks for any help anyone provides in advance!

I found an amazing deal for the Freedom of the Seas in August 2018, and both itineraries have the same pricing. It is such a good deal, and I really want to take it, but the person I would be taking it with does not know if she can commit to a cruise at the moment. The price has the BOGO reduction, plus some "SAV" reduction of $75 (don't know what that is), plus $50 OBC. How long will this sale last? Do you think if we were to wait a week or so we could snag it at the same price? Or should I consider finding another cruise buddy or putting the idea out of my mind? Thanks for any help anyone provides in advance!

If it sounds good to you...book it now and use a TBD (to be determined) name for your 2nd guest...at least you would have the cruise, price and cabin location locked in.

I agree...book it if you can get the repost refunded prior to final payment. As long as you have your name first on the reservation you can put your friends name down and always change her name to another person. I was told in the past the main person (first on the reservation) must remain the same name. Just make sure you decide prior to final payment that you are going on the cruise regardless who goes with you. Another idea...purchase cancel for any reason insurance. That way it covers you for this cruise in case the person going with you backs out or if something changes for you too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have read that you can book the 2nd passenger with a TBD status... and fill in the name later. Having never done this, I’m sure someone else can chime in with the details.

I would not put TBD, but I would put some real name. The name can be changed up to 24 hours before the cruise with no penalty.

I agree...book it if you can get the repost refunded prior to final payment. As long as you have your name first on the reservation you can put your friends name down and always change her name to another person. I was told in the past the main person (first on the reservation) must remain the same name. Just make sure you decide prior to final payment that you are going on the cruise regardless who goes with you. Another idea...purchase cancel for any reason insurance. That way it covers you for this cruise in case the person going with you backs out or if something changes for you too.

How did you know friend is a “her”?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would not put TBD, but I would put some real name. The name can be changed up to 24 hours before the cruise with no penalty.

Wondering why? We have used this TBD many times and it always worked great when booking for our adult son when he wasn't sure who would be cruising with him/us...no longer a concern as it's now his new bride.

Wondering why? We have used this TBD many times and it always worked great when booking for our adult son when he wasn't sure who would be cruising with him/us...no longer a concern as it's now his new bride.

One time I tried it and the rep would not let me do it. I didn't waste the time calling back and getting a different answer.

If it sounds good to you...book it now and use a TBD (to be determined) name for your 2nd guest...at least you would have the cruise, price and cabin location locked in.

Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate these responses, I did not even know that this was possible, so I will look into that. I am optimistic now! :)

I just looked at the pricing for that ship. I'm assuming you're talking about the last two weeks in August, as those are the cheapest. However, to me, those prices look pretty compatible with what is offered on that ship at that time of year. Interiors starting at $636.50 and balconies starting at $1096. My prediction is that when this "sale" ends, there will be another one offering the same prices. If it were me, I wouldn't be in a huge rush to book. But again, that's just me. If you think it's a good deal, then book now.

Same probably disappeared while you were writing this post.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just looked at the pricing for that ship. I'm assuming you're talking about the last two weeks in August, as those are the cheapest. However, to me, those prices look pretty compatible with what is offered on that ship at that time of year. Interiors starting at $636.50 and balconies starting at $1096. My prediction is that when this "sale" ends, there will be another one offering the same prices. If it were me, I wouldn't be in a huge rush to book. But again, that's just me. If you think it's a good deal, then book now.

Those were the dates I was looking at. The last time I cruised from Puerto Rico was on the Carnival Liberty, and interior rooms were the same price as this on Carnival, but the Royal Caribbean Adventure was priced at over $1000 a person after taxes were added (Easter cruise). Even for August 2017, which I considered before booking my Divina cruise, the price of the Adventure was $850 after taxes. I personally think the storms have really brought these cruise prices down in order to increase tourists to these islands who need the money most, but I could be wrong.