Noise Question

mountain grandma

Can anyone please tell me if staying on starboard side on Deck 8 of the "R" ships will cause any noise issues from Waves Grill being above and chairs being moved around? We've always been on the port side under the Patio but in 2019, we've had to switch to the starboard side. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Billie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any time you have a wooden floor above' date=' such as in Waves, there will be noise. But keep in mind that Waves does not serve in the evening; however some folks dining in Terrace will bring their meals outside to Waves seating area.[/quote']

Not to mention the crew cleaning the area in the evenings & rolling carts by to the kitchen areas & waves

Thanks for all the insights. I'm not as worried about evenings as I am about mornings since Waves has a small breakfast buffet. I would really like to hear from someone who has actually had one of the PH2 cabins in that area.

Thanks again -- CCers always come through!

Billie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been in those cabins in both the Regatta and Insignia and were not bothered by noise in the mornings at all. But, we are early risers. There is more noise when docking early, that comes from shore. I would not hesitate to book one of those cabins again.

Happy Sailing!