Looking for hotel close to Port Everglades

travisbethany

We are cruising New Year’s Eve, we are driving from Ontario Canada. We are looking for a hotel We can stay at for 3 days before the cruise and one that offers parking while we are on the cruise. Could someone tell me if they know of any decent hotels nearby?

Thanks so much for the replies

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a vacation destination. There is a ton of hotels. Nobody here knows your budget or what you are looking for. Stay at the Ritz, or Margaritaville, or Motel 6....

But seriously, there is countless hotels. Downtown, river, beaches, airport, etc. You probably need to be MUCH more specific about what you are looking for and at what budget to get some realistic suggestions.

We like Hyatt Place on 17th st too- book it thru Valutrips.com for much cheaper rates.

Agree!! We always stay here if we drive over from Sarasota the night before. Great rooms, location, and rate thru Valutrips.com.

There is a website I like, www.sunny.org, tells you lots of information about FLL. They have a section on hotels. If you go to the link that says "hotels with shuttles" there will be a spreadsheet on hotels that offer park & cruise and their rates. Planning is 1/2 the fun!! Good luck and happy cruising.

FYI....I have stayed at the Embassy Suites, which I love. Don't know if they offer parking as we fly in. :cool:

We are cruising New Year’s Eve, we are driving from Ontario Canada. We are looking for a hotel We can stay at for 3 days before the cruise and one that offers parking while we are on the cruise. Could someone tell me if they know of any decent hotels nearby?

We drive from Ontario a couple times every year. Since we have a car we don't need to stay close to the port. We stay about 20 minutes away and then use park n go right beside the port. The money you will save on getting a hotel a bit further out will more than pay for park n go. (Book on line in advance and save)

Check out the Marriott visa and the SPG Amex. (Both CDN cards) Both cards offer enough bonus points that you could end up with 3 nights hotel free on points for the annual fee of $120 CDN. We haven't paid for a hotel in 4 years using the points from sign up bonuses.

You mentioned that you were driving. Not sure whether you were planning on driving through Buffalo or Detroit but just wanted to mention that the route through Detroit is terrible as they have close a large section of the I75 southbound (completely torn down as they rebuild). We found out the hard way with a not so nice detour). We will be travelling through Buffalo until it's completed.

There are all sorts of hotels at all sorts of prices. Some are closer to the port and airport and some are further away. It all depends on your preferences and how much money you want to spend. For our Feburary 25 cruise, we are flying in 2 days early. We will be staying at the Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach. This is a middle of the road hotel that is right on Fort Lauderdale beach. Since I am a Marriott gold elite member I tend to stick with Marriott properties. After you make a couple of choices, check Trip Advisor for reports on cleanliness, bugs, etc.

Another vote for Hyatt Place. Be aware there are two of them. The one by the 17th Street Convention Center is the one nearest to the pier. The hotel address is on SE 10th Street (which os confusing). Good complimentary breakfast and excellent Italian restaurant right next door.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

There is a website I like, www.sunny.org, tells you lots of information about FLL. They have a section on hotels. If you go to the link that says "hotels with shuttles" there will be a spreadsheet on hotels that offer park & cruise and their rates. Planning is 1/2 the fun!! Good luck and happy cruising.

FYI....I have stayed at the Embassy Suites, which I love. Don't know if they offer parking as we fly in. :cool:

We did Harmony in February, stayed at Embassy Suites for the 4th time. My parents drove over from Sarasota and did the Park and Fly they offer. Very convenient, restaurants all around, Publix and shopping right behind ya. Trolley to the beach stops right in front of the hotel...

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express convention center on 17th. It is clean and had very nice staff. But had no pool. If you're staying for 3 days you might take that into consideration. It is located next to the shopping area called "Harbor Shops" that is also close to the embassy suits. When we were there, there was a Publix, TJMaxx, nothing special for shopping but most importantly, there was a TOTAL WINE.

dp

Embassy Suites on 17th Street causeway ....DH has lived in Miami all his life (up until now......) and it's our choice now that we don't live in the area. Walking distance to pier, free breakfast, nice views, nearby shopping and restaurants.

Just posted this for another thread. Will need to adjust cost for the extra nights, but should still be a good deal:

We have booked through buyreservations.com several times and have always been pleased. Price includes one night stay, 7-14 days parking depending on the hotel and free shuttle to and from the airport or cruise port. Some hotels also include continental breakfast. I think the most we ever paid was about $150 which is about what a week's parking by itself costs. They usually give you several hotels to choose from.

Agree!! We always stay here if we drive over from Sarasota the night before. Great rooms, location, and rate thru Valutrips.com.

Ditto to this post. Hyatt Place, 17th St. is great. We have stayed there several times. :D

I like Embassy Suites for a few reasons. Free drinks every day from 5-7. Free breakfast. The rooms are not just one room but a bedroom, a wet bar and a sitting/dining room. They do have parking but it's not free.

Plus good pool and lots of dining & shopping options within walking distance! ;)