Salty Dog Gastropub

seahawkfan

It is not a typical dining environment. The chairs are high and the tables are small, like in a bar. We went once but walked out. It wasn't our cup of tea, so to speak. The food is served small plate style. You choose from a menu.

Edited by joeyancho

Uncomfortable seating at high tables. There is no table seating for those that can not handle high tables. In the Wheelhouse on the Crown, Emerald and Ruby. Open in the evening. I have never seen more then a few people in it. Just walk in and check it out. The area is used for the Free Pub Lunch.

How’s the food? What are the hours? Is it the Salty Dog during the day and the Wheelhouse bar at night?

Thank you.

It is not a typical dining environment. The chairs are high and the tables are small, like in a bar.

Opens at 6:00 P.M.. Till ?

Walked in at 6:00 P.M.

Asked if we had reservations? Nobody there.

Gave our Cabin Number; then, given a menu.

Ordered the two meals + dessert.

Walked out hungry. Portions are small.

Walked in at 1830 with no reservation, one couple at a table. They had 2 upcoming reservations already booked, but they couldn't accommodate us till 1930....walked out went to the buffet.

We had a similar experience on the Emerald last month. When we pointed out that only one table was occupied we were told that they didn't have a kitchen there and had to walk the food over from another area, so they couldn't accommodate many guests. Seemed like an odd response given the fact that they had at least a dozen tables in the Salty Dog portion of the bar.

We had a similar experience on the Emerald last month. When we pointed out that only one table was occupied we were told that they didn't have a kitchen there and had to walk the food over from another area, so they couldn't accommodate many guests. Seemed like an odd response given the fact that they had at least a dozen tables in the Salty Dog portion of the bar.
But, they seem to quite ably manage a large number of tables for the free pub lunch in the afternoon....[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

We did the Salty Dog one evening on our recent TA. Did book a table in advance.

We enjoyed the food/experience. Thought it was more than enough food (2 covers - 2 people - 4 plates & desert) or maybe we’d had a big lunch/snacks at the IC [emoji23]. Kindof like having appetisers for dinner, which we occasionally enjoy.

We had the Ernesto burger, calamari, beef short ribs and lobster mac & cheese. Think we had the chocolate pot & lemon posset for dessert.

For £12 ppn we’d go again, but would probably each order a burger or rib as a ‘main’ and then 2 plates to share. Burger is small so difficult to ‘share’ - ended up having to eat with knife & fork, as kinda fell apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had dinner at the SD on the Ruby in May. We just walked in, no reservations and were seated immediately. We loved it. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but we both thought the food was great. My Mom had the burger and the lobster mac & cheese. I had the white tomato soup (it's really white!) with grilled cheese and the beef short rib poutine. Oh My Gosh! I would have eaten a bucket of that poutine, it was amazing! Next cruise, I am definitely getting that again.

It's a fun place to have a casual dinner and try a couple small plates. If your dinner companion shares, you get to taste even more dishes. Fortunately for me, my Mom gave me a bite of her lobster mac & cheese. The desserts are small, too, but so yummy!