How to request a mattress topper and top sheet

You can request a mattress topper thru the Special Needs Dept, but most of the ships no longer have them on hand...if the bed is to hard for your liking let your cabin steward know & he will do his best to add padding to make it more comfortable...

I always request a mattress topper via special_needs and haven't been disappointed yet. The Cabin attendant has always either already had it on the bed, or tells me immediately that it will be placed before I'm back from dinner when we meet before the muster drill.

You can send an email to special_needs@rccl.com with your request. This can also be used to indicate dietary restrictions, medical accommodations, etc. No guarantees on how reliable this will be -- you will typically be advised to follow up with the appropriate crew once on board (e.g. cabin steward, maitre'd, etc.).

Unfortunately, on our last three cruises, special needs told us they no longer provide mattress toppers.

I keep hearing reports of this, but RCI's (in)famous inconsistency strikes again :D For my Liberty sailing last year, I contacted Special Needs in late October 2016 about a mattress topper and they said "we will place a mattress topper on embarkation day" (and, we did get one as requested). For my upcoming sailing on Navigator, Special Needs told me in early September that "we have requested a mattress topper to be added to each bed". So...YMMV... :confused:

Same here Cigar King. We have already purchase it. Hopefully we won’t wake up unable to walk as we did last fall on the Anthem. It was awful.

I’m glad other have had luck with the toppers. We requested one about 5 months out on the Anthem. We were told a no go once we boarded. :(

I keep hearing reports of this, but RCI's (in)famous inconsistency strikes again :D For my Liberty sailing last year, I contacted Special Needs in late October 2016 about a mattress topper and they said "we will place a mattress topper on embarkation day" (and, we did get one as requested). For my upcoming sailing on Navigator, Special Needs told me in early September that "we have requested a mattress topper to be added to each bed". So...YMMV... :confused:

We got one also on Liberty last year in October 2016. They were still doing it then. I was very disappointed this June on the Radiance to learn they no longer have foam pads available. We were on Liberty again this year in Sept and Oct. and no pads were available.

• 4 months later...
Why are the beds so terrible on Royal Carribean? Other cruise lines have brilliant beds - HAL and Princess come to mind ......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carnival has wonderful beds and bedding as well. The beds on Royal have caused pain a few times, and we have talked that if this does not improve we may need to be with other lines. A good nights rest is critical for enjoyment of our vacation.

Why are the beds so terrible on Royal Carribean? Other cruise lines have brilliant beds - HAL and Princess come to mind ......

Beds are a VERY subjective and personal thing, both my wife and I sleep much better on a firm bed than a soft one. I personally feel like I am being almost restrained if I sink very much into the bed. If I have to choose between a extra firm or a medium I choose the extra firm every time. It's easier to make a firm bed medium than a medium or soft I would think, but that would require them to keep the pads on hand I guess.

Really dug deep to find a thread in November to bring back lol..

Anyways, Ive always been comfortable in the beds, enough to sleep at least.

I find the beds on RC to be very comfortable! I also love the sheets and sleep so well while on a cruise.

Different people have different preferences I guess. [emoji6]

As just got off the Grandeur, inside cabin, and our beds were extremely hard and very low to the ground. We had to lift the bed just to get the suitcase under. We did ask our steward if they could provide a topper and he said none were on board.

Cheers

Len

What is a "top sheet"? I'm used to a fitted/bottom sheet (you lie on this one), then a flat sheet (this one goes on top of you), then a blanket/comforter on top of that.

Is there some need to put another sheet on top of the comforter???? I'm confused.

I just requested a mattress topper on our cruise for next week on the Anthem and they said no problem. We'll see if its there next Saturday

Let us know if you got one. I've never had a problem in over 10 years cruising on RCL but this year the beds on Anthem were so hard (not firm but hard like a rock) that I woke up in pain after a night of tossing and turning trying to get comfortable. Was told no toppers except in suites but the cabin attendant put a few comforters under the bottom sheet. I also got so many pillows when I requested 2 more that I was prepared to line them up and sleep atop them if needed. I managed with the extra comforters so never got to try the pillows. By the way, I've been on Anthem 3times before this last cruise and never found the mattresses uncomfortable so I don't know what changed in the last year but it wasn't good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal has not carried the FOAM toppers for the last couple of years. I have requested and received a mattress topper on every recent cruise. I had spine and hip surgery and need the extra padding on their hard beds. Prior to surgeries I had no issues with their beds. I just requested topper for our April cruise from Special Needs yesterday. Also request no feather pillows in cabin due to allergies. Some cruises request is already handled when we board other times done while at dinner.