Princess EZAir Delta & Virgin Atlantic

smm0218

Sorry if the answer is obvious but I've never really dealt with "partner" airline flights and am very confused.

I have booked flights for our upcoming trip to London (May 2018 for June cruise) through EZAir.

When I booked, I thought I selected Delta as my airline (I had already searched options) but my flights are showing as Virgin Atlantic. Each leg is listed twice on EZAir, once VA & once Delta (Virgin Atlantic), same time, flight # etc. The first leg appears to actually be a Delta flight (Omaha to DTW,) I can find the flight on Delta and select my seats. The other three legs, to Heathrow and back home, are shown as Virgin Atlantic on EZAir but I cannot see the flights under confirmation # on VA, however I can on Delta. Delta will not let me select seats for the other three legs.

I would like my flights to be Delta flights as i get free checked bags and miles for Delta. VAs baggage rules appear to be more restrictive (seems like they would be the same if it's the same plane so maybe I'm reading wrong.)

My question is is there a way to fix this without rebooking (fares have increased) or are my flights actually the way I want them and I don't need to do anything?

I thought I would ask here first to, hopefully, avoid hours sitting on hold waiting for customer service people. I have trouble making myself clear so I hope this makes sense.

Cannot directly answer your question, but as an FYI....

Delta, Air France, KLM, Virgin Atlantic are mostly the same airline(s). They all own pieces of each other.

Have you made final payment on these flights? Rarely can you make a seat selection if reservations have not been ticketed.

Don't know if it works this way all the time but -- We booked EZ air for our June 2017 British Isles cruise and it was a Delta/Virgin Atlantic type flight.

We were able to select our Delta seats for the flight to Heathrow. We flew Virgin Atlantic back - Heathrow to Orlando. We were not allowed to select seats for the return flight before we left home. Our friends purchased the same EZair flight as us and was able to select their seats for the flight over but not their return seats.

Virgin Atlanta told me that if I joined their FF Flying club, that allowed me to select our return seat assignment 3 days before the flight. We were able to do this with a lot of help from the Internet Cafe Manager. I earned VA FF miles for the flights.

My friend decided to use her Delta FF miles # for both flights instead of joining the VA Flying club. When she tried to select her return seats on the Virgin Atlantic flight 3 days before the flight, she was unable to because her flight was connected to her FF Delta #. She had to wait until 24 hours before the flight time to be able to select her seats. The very helpful IC manager helped her too.

My experience has been that the flights are all on the airline you selected, even if operated by a partner airline. And I can't remember anytime when I could select seats for the partner airline's flights prior to check-in. I have learned to be very careful about partner airlines when booking flights. I think that since you booked as Delta, all of your flights fall under Delta's rules, not Virgin Atlantic's rules.

Lynn

Why don't you call Princess and see if they can call over to the EZair dept and ask them if there are any flights that are strictly Delta both ways. I can't remember how the flights were listed when I was trying to choose our flights to Heathrow.

I know that EZair doesn't have every flight combination that is listed on the individual airline web sites. Check the Delta website to see what they show for their different flights from where you fly out. They do have a lot of flights that show being operated by Virgin Atlantic and also some for KLM and Air France. I am guessing that the flights operated by VA, etc go by the rules for that carrier.

Why don't you call Princess and see if they can call over to the EZair dept and ask them if there are any flights that are strictly Delta both ways. I can't remember how the flights were listed when I was trying to choose our flights to Heathrow.

I know that EZair doesn't have every flight combination that is listed on the individual airline web sites. Check the Delta website to see what they show for their different flights from where you fly out. They do have a lot of flights that show being operated by Virgin Atlantic and also some for KLM and Air France. I am guessing that the flights operated by VA, etc go by the rules for that carrier.

Thanks Tina & Ken

Looks like I will have to call Princess. Delta does have what appears to be the same flights (same dates and exact same times) to LHR with a DL flight # but booking through Delta is $800 pp more for economy.

I would just like to get this part of our trip done so I can move on to something else. I only have a little over 200 days after all. :)

Thanks Tina & Ken

Looks like I will have to call Princess. Delta does have what appears to be the same flights (same dates and exact same times) to LHR with a DL flight # but booking through Delta is $800 pp more for economy.

I would just like to get this part of our trip done so I can move on to something else. I only have a little over 200 days after all. :)

I know what you are saying. Not using Princess EZair was quite a bit more when I was trying to get out flights for last June cruise.

we booked the same situation, usa to london and back, we are showing Delta for the two short flights in the states and VA for the two flights into and out of London. We were able to pick seats on all four flights, although VA charged for the seats. Hoping it all works out, have read good things about the EZ air program.

I would like my flights to be Delta flights as i get free checked bags and miles for Delta. VAs baggage rules appear to be more restrictive (seems like they would be the same if it's the same plane so maybe I'm reading wrong.)

Couple of things here.

If your free bags from Delta work the same as mine, you have to buy the ticket with your Delta card. I don't know if that works the same if getting it through EZair, even if you pay the entire cruise/air using your Delta card.

Typically, on international flights, one bag can be checked for free no matter how you pay for it. Will you be checking more than one bag per person? If not, this is a moot point.

Lastly, you can still get your Delta miles all around. Just enter your Delta mileage number into the reservation. When you check in for your return flight, just make sure Virgin has your Delta mileage number.

We used EZair outbound for our last cruise and it was on Air Canada, which is a United partner. We just entered our United number when we made the reservation and got United miles.

Our flights for our British isles cruise this summer were the same--Delta flights to London and a Virgin Atlantic one back to New York (followed by a Delta one home). It worked fine for us. As international flights, they allowed us one free checked bag each. The only small glitch was having to sign up for Virgin's frequent flyer program in order to book our seats for the first leg of our return. Thankfully we had plenty of free internet minutes to do so.

Thank you all for all the help. We only have the 1st leg of our outbound journey as Delta, which is annoying. Not happy that I can't select seats and wasn't planning on buying internet package so may have to have a friend check in for us. I did only put in the Delta FF # so hopefully that means my miles will accrue on my Delta account. We will only have one checked bag each. IIRC it was the small carry on bag restriction differences between the two airlines that I perceived as a problem.