Refund on Oceania tours already paid for?

KS&JW

We rarely book any of the Oceania tours, so I am unfamiliar with the rules. We booked a tour that was not eligible for O-Life so we had to pay for it at the booking time, about two months ago. I am now getting cold feet, as it is rather expensive. Are we allowed to cancel and get our money back? We drink little on board, so we could not use up the cost of this tour if we were only given shipboard credit.

Kathleen

We rarely book any of the Oceania tours, so I am unfamiliar with the rules. We booked a tour that was not eligible for O-Life so we had to pay for it at the booking time, about two months ago. I am now getting cold feet, as it is rather expensive. Are we allowed to cancel and get our money back? We drink little on board, so we could not use up the cost of this tour if we were only given shipboard credit.

Kathleen

You will be fine. If you cancel before the voyage commences, they will credit the Card that you charged the Tours on in the first place.

On page 2 of your invoice it should show the Cancellation terms & conditions

Cancellation of Ancillary Items

Description Policy Fee

Pre or Post Cruise Hotel Within 60 days prior to departure 100% fee

Pre or Post Land Packages Within 60 days prior to departure 100% fee

Overland Tours Within 60 days prior to departure 100% fee

Visa Packages Within 60 days prior to departure 100% fee

Executive Collection & Private Transfers Within 36 hours of scheduled arrangement 100% fee

A La Carte Shore Excursions Within 36 hours of excursion departure 100% fee

Unlimited & Your World Packages On or after Embarkation day 100% fee

Culinary, La Reserve & Privee Within 36 hours of scheduled reservation 100% fee

Custom Air Fee Once accepted 100% fee

Air Supplemental Fee Standard cancellation policy 100% fee

Another question regarding canceling an Oceania tour.

Can it be done online? I go to my account and I see how I can purchase more tours but not cancel.

I know I can contact my TA, but I always prefer to do things online when possible.

I have cancelled the tours on the ship and gotten cash back if I paid for them in advance. You need to cancel before the deadline though. You might have to contact your TA

Exactly. If prepaid tours are cancelled prior to boarding (14 days?) then the rebate goes back to the CC used; if cancelled in time onboard then you get refundable OBC.

Edited by Paulchili

Another question regarding canceling an Oceania tour.

Can it be done online? I go to my account and I see how I can purchase more tours but not cancel.

I know I can contact my TA, but I always prefer to do things online when possible.

I think you have to call to cancel tours

probably faster to do it that way

Kathleen

You may want to reread the specifics in your invoice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Kathleen

Is this a "regular" shore excursion tour or an overland excursion (maybe with a flight)?

That could make a big difference.

Is this a "regular" shore excursion tour or an overland excursion (maybe with a flight)?

That could make a big difference.

Yes, I can see how that would make a big difference. However,

it was a regular land excursion and I have already canceled through my TA and received a credit.