Shower size

CYN2920

Does anyone know the inside dimensions of FOS’s showers? I will be sailing with my 1 year old grand-daughter and I need to buy a portable bathtub for the shower.

Thank-you

Edited by CYN2920

Does anyone know the inside deminsions of FOS’s showers? I will be sailing with my 1 year old grand-daughter and I need to buy a portable bathtub for the shower.

Thank-you

I do not know the actual dimensions, but I know the blow up duckie tub is one that people recommend and say fits in the shower. You can always under inflate it a little bit to get it to fit.

Wondering the same thing, but on the oasis. Are the showers pretty much the same fleet wide? Also, is there a handheld shower head? Shower curtain or glass door? Too!

No, the showers aren't the same fleetwide, some have doors, some curtains. Some of the newer ships have larger showers that are really nice.

Oasis does have doors, not a shower curtain. There is a handheld shower too. If you are in a suite, then those are different too and depends on the suite type.

Wondering the same thing, but on the oasis. Are the showers pretty much the same fleet wide? Also, is there a handheld shower head? Shower curtain or glass door? Too!

Oasis showers are just like Voyager/Freedom showers. There is a plastic door and the shower head can be hand held.

• 5 years later...

Size of showers on Quantum of the Seas? I booked an accessible cabin but they now saying they are not available - so asking about size to accommodate a shower stool comfortably… and safety from falls risk. If I fall I’m a 115kg / 2 person lift… so space for three people in a bathroom ??? 

6 minutes ago, KiwiCriiser said:

Size of showers on Quantum of the Seas? I booked an accessible cabin but they now saying they are not available - so asking about size to accommodate a shower stool comfortably… and safety from falls risk. If I fall I’m a 115kg / 2 person lift… so space for three people in a bathroom ??? 

The showers and bathrooms are tiny. I cant imagine 3 people at the same time in one.

I've traveled with a hc sister and I know on carnival there is a way to order a tiny shower chair thru special needs. She sat in the chair and I helped her wash her hair. I just reached into the shower. For sure 2 of us wouldnt fit in there. The shower chairs are small lightweight cheap plastic they had onboard. Seems like rcl the shower chairs were a bit bigger the stewards brought but still wouldnt be great for someone very large. Not sure without googling how big 115kg is.

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The showers and bathrooms are tiny. I cant imagine 3 people at the same time in one.

I've traveled with a hc sister and I know on carnival there is a way to order a tiny shower chair thru special needs. She sat in the chair and I helped her wash her hair. I just reached into the shower. For sure 2 of us wouldnt fit in there. The shower chairs are small lightweight cheap plastic they had onboard. Seems like rcl the shower chairs were a bit bigger the stewards brought but still wouldnt be great for someone very large. Not sure without googling how big 115kg is.

115kg is about 250 pounds or coming up to 18 stone to translate.  I was in a ships gym and a woman used the scales but didn't understand the result, I knew this  because she said it measured in kilowatts.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, KiwiCriiser said:

The showers on Quantum will fit a shower stool with no issues.  It is an armless stool that they provide.  The showers do have a handheld shower head.  There is one step up into the bathroom.  As far as fitting three people in the bathroom, it would depend on the type of cabin you have.  If you are going to need people in there to help you, one will fit comfortably but if you need more help, then I would push for an accessible cabin.

• Like 1