Miami International to Fort lauderdale Hotel

davetheboss5

Hi everyone, flying into Miami then have an overnight in Fort Lauderdale before joining our ship. Our hotel provides a free shuttle from FLL so I plan taking the Tri Rail train from Mia to FLL then having our hotel shuttle pic us up.

Anyone got any better suggestions? 4 adults + luggage staying on Stirling Road Hollywood

Thank you

Hi everyone, flying into Miami then have an overnight in Fort Lauderdale before joining our ship. Our hotel provides a free shuttle from FLL so I plan taking the Tri Rail train from Mia to FLL then having our hotel shuttle pic us up.

Anyone got any better suggestions? 4 adults + luggage staying on Stirling Road Hollywood

Thank you

The Tri-Rail does not go directly to FLL airport, but rather to the train station (Griffin Road & I-95) that is approximately 10 minutes from FLL. There is a free Tri-Rail shuttle that runs from the train station to FLL, but you are better off either getting an Uber or taxi from the train station to your hotel, as Stirling Road is only 1 exit south of Griffin Road, no more than 10 minutes, and a very inexpensive Uber or taxi. No need to go to the airport unless you really want that free shuttle.

I looked at using TriRail, but decided it was not ideal after a transatlantic flight.

We used Larry's Limos several times. The driver will meet you as you exit the airport terminal and take you to his car. Last year we booked a sedan and they sent us a stretch limo (for 2 of us!) no extra charge! Cost including tip was $87. Not much more than Uber, but reliable and recommended!

P.S. remember that the luggage trolleys at MIA are not free! (USD 5 as far as I remember) :(