San Diego Cruise port

Kenosha Cruiser

I live in San Diego and drive by the cruise terminal during my morning commute, there are always cabs lining up when a ship arrives. However, I think you will find Uber or Lyft to be cheaper and likely a nicer car here in San Diego.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I live in San Diego. Many cabs are available plus Uber and Lyft. You will save significantly by doing this yourself and not booking the shore excursion. Also consider a trip to the park to see the museums. Have a great cruise!

I have gone to the zoo by going up on Broadway & taking the city bus that stops right across from the zoo. Easy to & from the cruise ship.

Perhaps someone from San Diego will mention the bus number/name & where you catch it on Broadway.

Tom😎

Depending on how much time you have, you should consider the light rail/trolley system as well. It will take you to Balboa Park, Old Town, and it even goes all the way to the border near Tijuana. The Santa Fe Depot is just a couple of blocks walk from the cruise ship terminal and I think it's only $5 pp (not sure about childrens' prices) for an all day pass (unlimited rides). More info at www.sdmts.com.

I live in San Diego. Many cabs are available plus Uber and Lyft. You will save significantly by doing this yourself and not booking the shore excursion. Also consider a trip to the park to see the museums. Have a great cruise!

Balboa Park is the name. Don't miss it! Also, right across the pier where the cruise ship anchors is a building which offers tours (hop on/hop off, city tour, etc.).

What’s the name/number of the city bus that goes on Broadway to the zoo?

Thanks!

Tom😎

Your best bet is to walk to the corner of W Broadway and Kettner Bl (near the Santa Fe train depot - also a good place to get on the bus) and take the #215 bus and get off at Park Bl and Zoo Pl. The total time (including the walk) is about 30 minutes. The cost of the bus should be $2.25 per person. To be honest I would just grab a cab or Uber - save your walking legs for the zoo and the museum.

What’s the name/number of the city bus that goes on Broadway to the zoo?

Thanks!

Tom😎

Take the 215 bus from Santa Fe station on Kettner Avenue. The trolley does not go to the zoo or Balboa park.

Another thought for others that want something different. Take trolley to Old Town. Walk over to Santa Fe train depot.

Take green line towards Santee. Seniors were $1.25 each way. It is 4 short stops and take about 5 minutes. Leaves you right off in Old town. And reverse to get back. Had a fun day with friends going there when we were on the Ruby a couple of weeks ago.

Don't need to go into the train depot.Look for signs for Green line trolley outside.(at left of depot building).