Westpac CC with QBE Travel Insurance have now changed to Allianz as of 1 Oct 2017

Well this thread has stirred the possum up folks.:cool:

It appears all the major banks have done the insurance deal with Allianz.

We may be dropping our CC if they will not cover us for what they have in the past, time will tell. There may not be other cards that will cover us but then there are other cards with other better benefits like FF points and such.

We may be dropping our CC if they will not cover us for what they have in the past, time will tell. There may not be other cards that will cover us but then there are other cards with other better benefits like FF points and such.

Mic, do you have the ANZ CC with your Break Free package? I remember a while ago you saying that.

We have the ANZ Black Qantas FF card, came free of fees with the package. We dont need the Breakfree package anymore so going to weigh up whether we are better off just paying the yearly fee on the card......or another card. Might do some research.

We need a Qantas CC as we link other rewards to it, the Travel insurance is a bonus, and at this stage we have no Pre existing, but it worries me how Allianz will handle claims.

Mic, do you have the ANZ CC with your Break Free package? I remember a while ago you saying that.

We have the ANZ Black Qantas FF card, came free of fees with the package. We dont need the Breakfree package anymore so going to weigh up whether we are better off just paying the yearly fee on the card......or another card. Might do some research.

We need a Qantas CC as we link other rewards to it, the Travel insurance is a bonus, and at this stage we have no Pre existing, but it worries me how Allianz will handle claims.

Yes we too have the Breakfree package and the Black card, to earn the FF points.Have used the CC insurance in the past (but have not had to make a claim). Only took the Annual policy with 1 cover due to several domestic cruises and our Cuba trip.

I wonder what would happen if I had to claim on the CC Insurance. I have had customers that have claimed with no prob lems, but they didnt have any PE conditions.

Everyone hopes they dont have to make a claim, but you want to make sure you have cover if needed.

Cheers

Tanya

I have looked at other cards with the Free insurance. Some require full amount of trip paid on card, some 50% etc.

ANZ only require $250.00 , so easy to do.

Cheers

TAnya

I have looked at other cards with the Free insurance. Some require full amount of trip paid on card, some 50% etc.

ANZ only require $250.00 , so easy to do.

Cheers

TAnya

Thanks Tanya, I have used the insurance for trips for a few years, not claimed yet!

I have looked at the other CC Travel Insurance's for friends and family and the ANZ one always seems to be the best, plus QBE were always good to deal with on the phone.

I took some Domestic Insurance out with Insure n Go for our upcoming cruise, got a 20% discount on a promotion they were having so a good deal.

I think you are on our Majestic cruise next August, hopefully neither of us will have to find out how Allianz handle their claims!

I took some Domestic Insurance out with Insure n Go for our upcoming cruise, got a 20% discount on a promotion they were having so a good deal

Would you be able to share the 20% off discount code for Insure & Go?

10% off is their norm but 20% would be great

Would you be able to share the 20% off discount code for Insure & Go?

10% off is their norm but 20% would be great

I took mine out about 5 months ago, could not remember the code, but did a quick search and came up with groupon20

I did a quick quote with and without it and it is working.

Good luck!!

Yes, the platinum one, and we have had it for so long so it doesn't have the FF points and now we do not necessarily need the package. Which is why we will likely drop it and get one that does.

Ours is the ANZ Qantas FF Platinum Card, get the points for purchases, but as I said before, decided not to use it now for next year's travel insurance, so forked out for NRMA Travel Insurance, which compares very favourably with other providers, even with a couple of PE's.

I had Allianz travel insurance through Bankwest c/c for trip to US/Canada last year. Spent 4 days in Jasper Hospital. Allianz were great. Paid everything we asked for (even new jacket as hospital destroyed mine) Total claim over $28000. Not bad for free insurance :D

I had Allianz travel insurance through Bankwest c/c for trip to US/Canada last year. Spent 4 days in Jasper Hospital. Allianz were great. Paid everything we asked for (even new jacket as hospital destroyed mine) Total claim over $28000. Not bad for free insurance :D

That is great, glad it worked out well for you.

I think the major concern is for those with Pre existing conditions are now (the card Travel insurance going from QBE to Allianz) being told they cannot get cover anymore, not even with the extra payment.

I think the major concern is for those with Pre existing conditions are now (the card Travel insurance going from QBE to Allianz) being told they cannot get cover anymore, not even with the extra payment.

Correct Mic, bit dicey, reason why I dispensed with the CC insurance and purchased one from NRMA.:loudcry:

It does seem that HSBC although now using Allianz have a special deal with them which does cover PE's {Perhaps it is because they are a world wide bank and not just Australian.

When we first came to Oz we got their CC automatically with our bank account and speaking with other friends who are on a limited entry visa who chose an Australian bank account THEIR Australian credit cards would not give them travel insurance but HSBC did give it to us immediately

And their regulations actually stipulate this fact We won just by chance but what a win!!!:D

That is great news, hope all is ok now.

Correct Mic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

It does seem that HSBC although now using Allianz have a special deal with them which does cover PE's {Perhaps it is because they are a world wide bank and not just Australian.

When we first came to Oz we got their CC automatically with our bank account and speaking with other friends who are on a limited entry visa who chose an Australian bank account THEIR Australian credit cards would not give them travel insurance but HSBC did give it to us immediately

And their regulations actually stipulate this fact We won just by chance but what a win!!!:D

Glad to hear you are ok and it worked out for you.

My DH PE is not on their list of automatic cover. They straight out declined. Making our CC useless now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by wombat13

Just called QBE for Deb (Angelwingsflys) as she is with NAB which has QBE as the insurer, just wanted to check her pre existing......she doesnt like phones!!

Lady on phone wanted to know which bank as ANZ allow you to apply for pre existing, apparently NAB do not, if you have pre existing you have no cover on your CC Travel Insurance, even if its cholesterol under control or blood pressure etc.......I wasnt aware of that as we are with ANZ, just goes to show, same insurer, different policies:rolleyes:

She said ANZ is the only one that has a pre exisiting list which is covered.

I really hope Allianz will keep the pre existing cover list for ANZ customer s when they take over..

Anyways.......we took out an Annual Policy with Insure and Go for Deb, single person excluding USA, $258 for the year with the 20%discount code, and put in 3 pre existing for her and the cost didnt change. Sometimes it is better to be safe.......she has 4 cruises coming up.

And HSBCs cover through Allianz requires you to pay for almost all of the trip with their card - not a notional amount

I’m surprised they covered PE as that’s not what their policy document says and when I rang they said no PE cover option for the insurance with CC but they could offer a paid standalone policy (or maybe that was in relation to NABs cover)

Just called QBE for Deb (Angelwingsflys) as she is with NAB which has QBE as the insurer, just wanted to check her pre existing......she doesnt like phones!!

Lady on phone wanted to know which bank as ANZ allow you to apply for pre existing, apparently NAB do not, if you have pre existing you have no cover on your CC Travel Insurance, even if its cholesterol under control or blood pressure etc.......I wasnt aware of that as we are with ANZ, just goes to show, same insurer, different policies:rolleyes:

She said ANZ is the only one that has a pre exisiting list which is covered.

I really hope Allianz will keep the pre existing cover list for ANZ customer s when they take over..

Anyways.......we took out an Annual Policy with Insure and Go for Deb, single person excluding USA, $258 for the year with the 20%discount code, and put in 3 pre existing for her and the cost didnt change. Sometimes it is better to be safe.......she has 4 cruises coming up.

Good Job. :)

Good Job. :)

I agree.

Thanks guys, I am so glad I checked the CC Travel Insurance through NAB, just a phone call to realise she is not covered, even though ANZ would cover it as Insure and Go did without paying extra.

This has been a great informative thread, thanks to those who have participated and offered their experience, sharing is knowledge:halo:

Thanks guys, I am so glad I checked the CC Travel Insurance through NAB, just a phone call to realise she is not covered, even though ANZ would cover it as Insure and Go did without paying extra.

This has been a great informative thread, thanks to those who have participated and offered their experience, sharing is knowledge:halo:

Good job Chez, you can start happy hour right now. :') You are exempt from the 5pm kick off today.

Good job Chez, you can start happy hour right now. :') You are exempt from the 5pm kick off today.

Haha! I was just thinking that,......family over for home made Pizza night tonight, 1st December, Xmas tree lights go on, our deck is stained and furniture back on, do I need more reasons to start early???

Nah.....a Pinot Noir or Shiraz??:wine-glass: