Club class dining question

smeck

Question please for those of you who had CC Dining on Caribbean Princess:

Is the enterance to CC Dining (deck 6) Coral dining room ... starboard side?

This is correct.

Since others asked about seating, unless you arrive as soon as it opens or late there can be a wait. The first night they gave us an option of a pager or at a table next to CC, but in the MDR. We chose the MDR, with the full CC experience. The second we sat at a community table. The third night there was a wait. After that we came early. Service was outstanding, and I enjoyed the food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All reports for the Grand class ships have been Fiesta deck 6 midship which would be the Coral DR on the Caribbean using the starboard side entrance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, on the CB CC Dining room was on Fiesta on the starboard side mid-ship. It is very convenient when you have a Window Suite!

We were also seated promptly every night except on the last formal night. The hostess actually told us to come back in 30 minutes. Wasn’t a big deal, but Club Class is supposed to have no/minimal wait times. I thought 30 mins was a little long.

The Princess web site states “expedited seating with no wait”. I’d be cross if I was told to come back in 30 minutes!

CC dining is not a cheat option (usually) and as this is being sold as a big benefit, then they should honour what they state in the brochure.

Yes, on the CB CC Dining room was on Fiesta on the starboard side mid-ship. It is very convenient when you have a Window Suite!

This was a topic in some posts on another thread. From a "real estate" perspective, the CC area is carved out of what would have been early TD. When we have had early TD in a mid-ship DR (my fave location), entry has been on starboard side as the port side was for AT entry all night. Makes me wonder how much early TD space is left in mid-ship DR's. (On other ships, it has been described as carved from AT, but if it's starboard mid-ship, that was early TD and late AT on deck 6).

Edited by steelers36

Homeless Bear .... On which Princess ship did you have this unfortunate 30 minute wait for Club Class Dining?

I was quoting from Dverzic's previous post which said they had waited for 30 minutes. (Sorry if that wasn't clear but I'm not very good technology and still learning how to do quotes etc).

We are doing CC for the first time next year on the Star and would be really miffed if the same thing happened to us, especially as they advertise "no wait".

We had a wait only on night 2 (I assume many people did the specialty dining on day 1). After that they seemed to have the rhythm down to when people would come to the dining room. There was never a wait for breakfast or lunch.

I loved club class dining and found that we could take either as long or as quick as we wanted.

Do you have to have a suite to use Club Class dining? I’m not familiar with CC dining, but never had a suite.

A club class mini suite will get you CC dining. A full suite will also (along with many other benefits). If you are traveling with others that are not in one of those cabin types, they cannot join you in CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The ship that had the 30 minute wait was the Grand Princess. It was on the last formal night. All other times we were seated immediately. We had the same wait staff each time which was nice, as they got to know us and our preferences.

I just upgraded us to a suite for the Royal Princess next week. Are there shared tables in the Club Class dining as well as tables of two? (We'd prefer to share, if others are willing.) Also the same at breakfast in Sabatini's. Does everyone eat with just their own folks or are people who are willing to share a table seated together? Or do we have to make friends first with others who are eligible to be dining in those venues and then show up together?

Also, is the Club Class dining an option for lunch at embarkation?

On our last cruise on the Caribbean Princess, we shared a table at late traditional dining with a mother and daughter who were sailing in a suite. They said late in the cruise that they had not realized about the perk until they had eaten with us a few nights, and by then they did not want to give up our company.

I just upgraded us to a suite for the Royal Princess next week. Are there shared tables in the Club Level dining as well as tables of two? (We'd prefer to share, if others are willing.) Also the same at breakfast in Sabatini's. Does everyone eat with just their own folks or are people who are willing to share a table seated together? Or do we have to make friends first with others who are eligible to be dining in those venues and then show up together?

On our last cruise on the Caribbean Princess, we shared a table at late traditional dining with a mother and daughter who were sailing in a suite. They said late in the cruise that they had not realized about the perk until they had eaten with us a few nights, and by then they did not want to give up our company.

We were asked if we wanted a table for two or willing to share when we arrived at CC dining area. All but one night we had a table for two. One night we sat at a 4-person table and a mother & daughter we had chatted with throughout the cruise joined us. It’s really up to you. You tend to meet people even at a table for two since they are close enough to visit with your neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At Sabatini's sometimes my son and daughter-in-law didn't join me because it was too early for them, so others invited me to seat with them at breakfast. So you can seat alone if you want to be more romantic or join others who are willing.

Same for CC. There are some two seat tables or larger ones for being more social.

I just upgraded us to a suite for the Royal Princess next week. Are there shared tables in the Club Class dining as well as tables of two?…

…Also, is the Club Class dining an option for lunch at embarkation?…QUOTE]I can only speak for the Ruby. There were fifteen tables for 2, six tables for 4, and one table for 6. The table for six was shared by one group. We were three and had one of the tables for 4.

Club Class was open for lunch on embarkation from noon until 1:30 as usual.

I think the Sabatini's breakfast includes fancy coffee drinks like cappuccino. Is that right?
Yes. On two cruises in a suite with us our DD enjoyed a couple of vanilla soy lattes every morning while my DW enjoyed her Americanos. That is in addition to the mimosas or plain champagne.

My experience on CB was a bit different, seating was not 'immediate' we were asked to come back in a few on 3 nights (keeping in mind we spent 2 of our 14 nights in Sabatini's and Crown Grill). The wait was never more than 10 minutes, but immediate - no.

As to the pace, I agree, it wasn't rushed, but on one night we stuck to mains and starters and managed about an hour. More usually though, 1.5 hours for dinner. Not much shorter for lunch.

We loved ClubClass dining though and will look for it in the future. It's not worth a gigantic premium, but if a reasonable upgrade, certainly worth a thought.