Cunard FCD

I would not Cunard again anyway Mic, ordinary and overrated IMO.:( Not really my scene anyway, I must have a little bit of Bogan blood in me, little bit I said.
LOL, I really enjoyed my cruise on the QM2 but I baulk at the prices that they have. When we cruised on her the costs were somewhat hidden in the flights, accommodations and safaris that we had in the package, so we were getting a really good deal and it seemed as if they forgot to add n at least one of the components.

LOL, I really enjoyed my cruise on the QM2 but I baulk at the prices that they have. When we cruised on her the costs were somewhat hidden in the flights, accommodations and safaris that we had in the package, so we were getting a really good deal and it seemed as if they forgot to add n at least one of the components.

We managed to get an upgrade promo from an oceanview to a balcony so our price on the QE was quite good. I loved the ship and the activities were good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After being on hold for ages trying to check this out I received the apology email. Someone cleared made a big mistake. Still I had fun looking through the cruises to see how I would use my FCD that I knew nothing about - then quickly back to reality!!

LOL, if the price is nice you could always book one.

Yes, wine prices way over the top, like cheapest wine in MDR was US$40 a bottle, come on in spinner.:evilsmile: Loved the ship itself, unsurpassed, but some of the pax, food, service, entertainment was not to our liking.

Yes, wine prices way over the top, like cheapest wine in MDR was US$40 a bottle, come on in spinner.:evilsmile: Loved the ship itself, unsurpassed, but some of the pax, food, service, entertainment was not to our liking.

I thought the service was good. But perhaps some staff were a bit stiff.

The ship I loved.

The food, well not what I expected.

Some of the Pax thought they drank perfume, if you get my drift, some were really nice.

I thought the service was good. But perhaps some staff were a bit stiff.

The ship I loved.

The food, well not what I expected.

Some of the Pax thought they drank perfume, if you get my drift, some were really nice.

Pretty spot on Gut.

I suppose we had such a good deal with everything we didn't worry about drink prices too much. I had a Drink's (non-alcoholic) package ($7.50/day) and just had a few wines or beer each day with lunch and dinner.

I suppose we had such a good deal with everything we didn't worry about drink prices too much. I had a Drink's (non-alcoholic) package ($7.50/day) and just had a few wines or beer each day with lunch and dinner.

Same here, got a good package, price wise, balcony, 3 nights hotel in HK, flights back on Qantas. So no complain about the value, but full price would be a shock.:rolleyes: As I said MDR (Britannia Restaurant) bottled wine prices were OTT, compared to even Princess.

I understand Mr Gut is referring to me, but he is from Newcastle so what can we expect? Anyway, I smell nice.

I am still trying to process various aspects of the QM trip (Mel-HK). I recognise that my health/pain was not flash, so that had quite N impact on mind frame.

The ship is amazing. I enjoyed most of the entertainment. As always, not all of it was to my taste. Some very good guest singers, the piano duo was brilliant. Band in main theatre was very good. Band in ballroom was like sad. Main theatre singers and dancers were not as strong as others I have seen. Almost all speakers were fascinating. There was an English comedian, not blue, racist etc. biggest laugh when he referred to having worked on not name cruise lines, thebMisery of the Seas.

MDR food was a little disappointing. Late sitting, often did not seem fresh. Rather like under the heat lamps for too long. Range of offerings, not so strong. Became a bit repetitive. I sometimes eat dinner in the cafeteria as there was more choice, more interesting, and fresher,

Staff was an interesting issue. At both Sydney stops there was a very big turnover. Particularly noticeable with bar and dining staff. Before very tired people, afterwards too many trying to get up to speed.

Did not encounter any of the issues others have mentioned ( although degrees of cliquiness). Only real one was the world cruiser who, after 15 voyages, was never taking it again as it had become a ferry service with so many segments.

Didn't have an issue with any staff, all friendly although some of the Pax were as GUT said. As for them, I refer to them as upper crust types.

P.S. Just like in a septic tank, the upper crust has a purpose which makes us feel better. :P

Would you say 'Cunard Snobs' Mic? Maybe that is a bit cruel, how about 'Posh Cunarders.':halo: Not just the Brits either, more than a few 'Upper Crust Australians on our QM2 voyage, (Voyage on Cunard, not a cruise, I was told.) No I did not say they were from the NATCAP, !!! lol. Anyone for a G&T ?

I understand Mr Gut is referring to me, but he is from Newcastle so what can we expect? Anyway, I smell nice.

I am still trying to process various aspects of the QM trip (Mel-HK). I recognise that my health/pain was not flash, so that had quite N impact on mind frame.

The ship is amazing. I enjoyed most of the entertainment. As always, not all of it was to my taste. Some very good guest singers, the piano duo was brilliant. Band in main theatre was very good. Band in ballroom was like sad. Main theatre singers and dancers were not as strong as others I have seen. Almost all speakers were fascinating. There was an English comedian, not blue, racist etc. biggest laugh when he referred to having worked on not name cruise lines, thebMisery of the Seas.

MDR food was a little disappointing. Late sitting, often did not seem fresh. Rather like under the heat lamps for too long. Range of offerings, not so strong. Became a bit repetitive. I sometimes eat dinner in the cafeteria as there was more choice, more interesting, and fresher,

Staff was an interesting issue. At both Sydney stops there was a very big turnover. Particularly noticeable with bar and dining staff. Before very tired people, afterwards too many trying to get up to speed.

Did not encounter any of the issues others have mentioned ( although degrees of cliquiness). Only real one was the world cruiser who, after 15 voyages, was never taking it again as it had become a ferry service with so many segments.

Certainly not referring to you mate.

And those I described were very much in the minority of those I spoke to.

I must say I was a little shocked at the attitude of a few, who seemed to think they were special. I know as friends some very rich people, some of my relatives were, let’s say rather well off (pity some of it didn’t come my way). In my profession I’ve dealt with some who have more money than they can count.

Everyone of those I know, or have known, have been ordinary folks.

But some on QM2 really thought they were special (and I don’t mean spethshial like I am).

I must say I was a little shocked at the attitude of a few, who seemed to think they were special. I know as friends some very rich people, some of my relatives were, let’s say rather well off (pity some of it didn’t come my way). In my profession I’ve dealt with some who have more money than they can count.

But some on QM2 really thought they were special (and I don’t mean spethshial like I am).

Well said GUT, yes a few Cunarders on board resented the Colonial on for a few days or a couple of weeks at daily prices below what they paid for a WC per diem.

As I said before QM2 - the ship is magnificent, but there on many issues it ends, for me/us anyway.

Would you say 'Cunard Snobs' Mic? Maybe that is a bit cruel, how about 'Posh Cunarders.':halo: Not just the Brits either, more than a few 'Upper Crust Australians on our QM2 voyage, (Voyage on Cunard, not a cruise, I was told.) No I did not say they were from the NATCAP, !!! lol. Anyone for a G&T ?

In fairness, most were lovely and it was only a few of them that looked down their nose at everyone else. Something tells me, they would do the same no matter where they were.

Well said GUT, yes a few Cunarders on board resented the Colonial on for a few days or a couple of weeks at daily prices below what they paid for a WC per diem.

As I said before QM2 - the ship is magnificent, but there on many issues it ends, for me/us anyway.

No matter what it is always a few rotten apples that spoil the bunch. In any case, some people associate wealth with class when in reality, wealth has very little to do with it. There are poor people that are very much the snooty snob and rich people that are very down to earth.

I think I was probably treated better than some of the riff raff on here.

I booked with my formal name: Lord Adrian, 123rd Earl of Docker.

No doubt you were a 'Grills' pax.:loudcry: Lord Adrian of the Queens Grill, I like it.:*

I think I was probably treated better than some of the riff raff on here.

I booked with my formal name: Lord Adrian, 123rd Earl of Docker.

One cruise line, actually had me listed as a Lord at one stage, seems there was some issue with my customer number and some Lord’s.

They also added a few hundred cruise days to my profile.

One cruise line, actually had me listed as a Lord at one stage, seems there was some issue with my customer number and some Lord’s.

They also added a few hundred cruise days to my profile.

Now I know why you get the red carpet and 'spethial' treatment at the OPT from Graham. :halo: Thou are of the upper classes and gentry, M'Lord.

Arise Lord and Lady Gut.:')

Now I know why you get the red carpet and 'spethial' treatment at the OPT from Graham. :halo: Thou are of the upper classes and gentry, M'Lord.

Arise Lord and Lady Gut.:')

Mrs Gut has always been a lady.

Unfortunately they stripped me of my Lordiness, must have been my behaviour.