First cruise - How to plan for 830am shore excursion?

user1085

This will be my first time cruise. I'll be in a Princess cruise to carribean. How should I plan for some of the 830am shore excursions? How early can I have breakfast? How much time will take to disembark at the port? What time should I plan to start the disembarking process?

Your tickets will include the location to meet for the tour along with the tour.

You will receive the tickets the first night on the cruise.

You can get additional information on the Princes Board

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=197

The buffet and other areas will be open early for breakfast so you will have plenty of time to eat, freshen up and then get ready for the tour.

Keith

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Horizon Court is open at 6:00am for buffet breakfast.

If your shore excursion is with Princess, you will have your tour voucher in an envelope on your desk inside your cabin. Be at the place and time indicated on the voucher. It is the same as with tender ports.

If with private tour operators, get off the ship at 8:00am for your meeting place.

Join your Roll Call where your co-passengers might be in the same shore excursion you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

If you have booked the ship's excursion, your tickets will be in your cabin. The place and time to meet will be listed on your tickets. The usually will have you meet about 10 minutes before it is time to leave the ship for your excursion. Sometimes excursions meet on the dock. That too will be listed on your ticket.

If you have a tender port, again the time and place will be listed on the ticket.

If you have a private excursion, the daily program will list the place where you are to report to in order to get a tender ticket. Note -- the ship's excursions will be called to the tender's first. So you may wait a while before you are called to go down to the tender area.

The Horizon court will be open early enough for you to have breakfast before you leave for your excursion.

Just have everything you will need ready the night before you go to bed. That way you won't be running around the cabin in the morning hunting for things.

If you are anywhere in the carribean I wouldnt worry about the time of excursions....at every port there will be minibuses /taxis that will take a trip anywhere you want to go...and you wont pay them until they pick you up...and a lot cheaper than the ship

The night before, dial the phone for a wake up call.....then fill out the room service breakfast card and put it on your door. And yes, if you have a ship's excursion the tickets will tell you when and where to go. Have fun!!

You should have no problem finding something to eat early in the morning.

In my experience, the buffet opens at 5AM with a limited offering .... Danishes, beverages, etc. and at 6AM the full buffet breakfast setup begins.

If the ship you are on has an International Café in the atrium, it's open 24 hours/day, and will offer Danishes, freshly made donuts, parfaits, and the like in the morning.

And of course, there's always the option of ordering room service, which is free (except for the tip for the delivery person!).

What no one seems to have mentioned is that 8:30 is not early. Breakfast will start sometime between 6:30 and 7:00. Getting off of the ship is a very quick process, it takes no more than 10 minutes unless it is a tender port. Op should allow a few minutes to walk to the meeting point, but really an 8:30 excursion is easy.