MSC SEASIDE first sailing!!!!!

lindawaring2001

I have sailed quite a few ships when new, within 6 months or so coming out (I'm sailing Seaside in February), not on purpose but just happens that way, and I can tell you I have never been more excited about getting on a new ship and this will be my first time on MSC.

Thank you for starting this thread. Maybe all will input their pictures on video on here :D

Like so many of you, we are very eagerly anticipating the first guest photos/videos from Seaside. It has been so much fun over these past months to talk about the ship, pour over renderings and then slowly see photos from the shipyard come in as well as Captain Scala's videos. All indications are that this ship is going to be simply spectacular! We sail in January and it cannot get here fast enough!!

I have sailed quite a few ships when new, within 6 months or so coming out (I'm sailing Seaside in February), not on purpose but just happens that way, and I can tell you I have never been more excited about getting on a new ship and this will be my first time on MSC.

Thank you for starting this thread. Maybe all will input their pictures on video on here :D

I'm wondering .... and it'll come across as being a Debbie Downer, I'm sure ... but traveling on 'new' cruise ships ... were there 'bugs' in the systems? I don't mean real bugs ... but new ship problems? Were there any? Were they minor or major?

I'm wondering .... and it'll come across as being a Debbie Downer, I'm sure ... but traveling on 'new' cruise ships ... were there 'bugs' in the systems? I don't mean real bugs ... but new ship problems? Were there any? Were they minor or major?

Honestly, none that I was aware of when I sailed. After 4-9 months, the waiters are gelling with each other and the crew are set in their routines. Honestly, I wouldnt book a cruise the first month of sailing but after a few months, Ive had excellent cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do notice some significant flaws in the interior design of the ship, based on the first Russian video. Notice the many glass/mirrored pillars around key congestion areas, near the main specialty dining and bar venues.

Problematic why? Because of dirt and finger prints or breakage?

Problematic why? Because of dirt and finger prints or breakage?

No, the traffic flow is stopped and people have to more around unneeded barriers to go to basic places, such as dining, bar, music, shopping, and other high-traffic venues!