My View: The ABC Islands on Navigator of the Seas (A picture heavy trip report)

APDMOM

Diane, currently there are 4 automatic and four stick shift Trikes in Aruba. The newer Trikes use a Ford Fiesta drive train including the 5-speed stick shift, placed right where a motorcycle gas tank would be. So no foot shifting like a real bike. A hat with a chin strap is recommended.

Best land excursion I've ever done.

My first cruise we were in the corner aft on deck 10 & loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You were a pro from the start! We did not find Cruise Critic and secret cabins until a couple of cruises into our "cruise career". We made all the rookie mistakes. We love CC!

Thanks to everyone who is following along, and to Sobro for helping me keep up with the questions! We did the trikes together and really enjoyed their company! We had an amazing roll call, in case I did not mention it yet. :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You were a pro from the start! We did not find Cruise Critic and secret cabins until a couple of cruises into our "cruise career". We made all the rookie mistakes. We love CC!

Can’t take credit for it. Our travel agent found it for us. There were 4 of us in the room. We had such a great time. I’ve sailed the very aft all but one time & we aren’t aft on our ABC cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had planned on walking around town early in the morning. However, I had a minor wardrobe fail wearing a Marilyn style dress with a naughty male wind. ;) Trying to contain a dress while taking pictures = not possible. It was also very humid and we decided to return to the ship to play mini golf instead.

We were the only ones on the mini golf course that morning. We never count points, but the rather see who can get a hole-in-one. The wind won the tournament!

I had to hold my hat and stop the ball from rolling away in the wind when a gust came around:

9dcc1f4c28fb108df3a29a3eba20e836.jpg

902ff88061af73302e427dc32f52fd27.jpg

DS had the best shot of the day, despite his intermittent daydreaming :)

3f8c1bd2e3cce840d856ca81dc0fbe3d.jpg

59fb73983dd44d66541d825123446d4c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After our failed but fun round of mini golf we enjoyed the empty pool.

dfeb1e876c2c66f3332bb4a28a208fdc.jpg

bd6f9b45ceaa41a6a101d56e9eebe7ae.jpg

They were doing maintenance to fix the cover over the hot tub. I am always amazed at the diverse skills these maintenance workers have.

8712019fb47af29bd0739270a932bc04.jpg

We decided to splurge on our second paid drink of the cruise. I finally got my Labadoozie/Coco Loco for the cruise.

15135ec1bd5f123977d3097c6cb9b16c.jpg

Two Piña Coladas.... ahem Labadoozies (one a little more "doozie" than the other. DH had non-alcoholic version):

f85831638b825cc9730f935e8ccae97e.jpg

After lunch, the Labadoozie and a revision of my wardrobe, I braved the city on my own. The first time we came to Curaçao, the port area was not as built up and there were some interesting characters hanging around. Things have changed so much that it now looks and feels much safer to walk around Curaçao, even at night:

3590fc0cd5a36d2a687c17a64308b5a9.jpg

64d24c35fe83139d7749824e6f32f6a7.jpg

Time to leave behind one of my favorite cities, Willemstad, Curaçao... Hope to be back again soon!

77e31df43e502bf1aef8cf6b8434dd03.jpg

That is it for Day 5. I will be back late tomorrow night with my view of Bonaire. We are spending the night in Orlando to pick my parents up at the airport. They are flying in from Namibia!

Goodnight, until tomorrow:

b940a9ce228d269b63a682e0e8b8e23e.jpg