My View: The ABC Islands on Navigator of the Seas (A picture heavy trip report)

APDMOM

Thanks for the information. I was of the impression that by 8/18 a suite restaurant would be available as the ship was scheduled for a dry dock- Since we live in NY and the ship will be departing from NJ, the luggage valet program will not be necessary for us.

Thanks for the information. I was of the impression that by 8/18 a suite restaurant would be available as the ship was scheduled for a dry dock- Since we live in NY and the ship will be departing from NJ, the luggage valet program will not be necessary for us.

I suppose it's possible they could add a suite restaurant, but I'd not seen that mentioned. The only restaurant I've seen mentioned recently was Izumi, going into the sports bar location on the Royal Promenade.

We have 1388 booked for Feb 2, same itinerary. We also have Woodwind reserved on Bonaire. I can't wait! I'm not very good at reviews, but will try to share something.

I'm loving this review - thank you!

Wonderful! Feel free to hide a bottle of bubbly or something in the cabin for us!!;p I noticed from the picture the OP posted of her cabin location that looks like only decks 6 and 7 have that big round side window on the balcony. I was hoping that all of the corner afts had one!:( Anyone know if the ocean view includes a side view or just the back of the ship for #1388?:confused: Just wondering, but I am sure we will enjoy that cabin either way!:cool:

APDMOM,

Firstly, loving the revue. We've never been to Bonaire so looking forward to that review. I wondered what makes that cabin so special to you as the "obstruction" I feel would make me crazy looking through that porthole. Also, what is that blue area below you with the Crown and Anchor symbol?

I am anxious to read your review of the ABC islands. We just returned Friday from our first visit to all 3 islands!

Aruba has such beautiful beaches...we parasailed and snorkeled.

Bonaire...that turquoise water❤️...we rented golf carts on our own. Would do that again in a heartbeat.

Curaçao...boys did side by side excursion which they loved. Us girls relaxed st the beach

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You did a fantastic job organizing the cabin crawl. It was a lot of fun and we did have an active roll call that continued onboard. Thanks for the last day invite to the balcony as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are welcome! Hope we will cruise together some day in the future again. :)

I agree 100% about the Oasis Class ships, last month we sailed on the Harmony and just to many passengers and crew, and not enough space.

I think I did not express the difference we experienced clearly. Our Oasis cruise was actually much better for the diamond experience. The lounge was never crowded, but they also did not allow more than 3 drinks per diamond member on that sailing - at least not that I noticed. Navigator's diamond lounge and overflow to the Cosmopolitan were very crowded and loud. It was fun to experience a few times, but I prefer a bit more quiet. It may also depend on the demographics of cruisers. Our Oasis cruise had many families with children. On this cruise there were only a few kids, and it seemed like we had a lot of diamond and up... :)

We shall see how our Harmony cruise goes next November.

She reported that finals for the MBA students are next week so all of their project research help was already taken care of. So she's having an easy re-entry to the real world and glad of it.

Great to hear! Mine was a bit rough this week, but we have another break coming up in 2 weeks. :D

Thanks for the photos. We will have two cruises before our August AOS sailing , but the ship looks beautiful!

:cool: We will be on Adventure June 22nd and June 29th for our first B2B... Will probably do a similar trip report.

Did you see any drupes the black salted licorice

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oops! I deleted by accident. I did look for grocery stores on Google, but did not get a chance to walk to one. I imagine you should definitely be able to find it on one of the islands.

That reminds me... I need to ask my parents to bring me some when they fly in this weekend! :)

The pizza on Navigator was the best of all RCL cruises we have taken. The first day stood out though, as the pizza crust was more like a deep dish crust.

We are to be traveling on the Navigator for the first time in March. We noticed that there was no Sorrentos on this class of ship, so we assumed no pizza other than in the Windjammer some times. Where did you get this "best of all RCL cruises we have taken" pizza you referred to?

We are to be traveling on the Navigator for the first time in March. We noticed that there was no Sorrentos on this class of ship, so we assumed no pizza other than in the Windjammer some times. Where did you get this "best of all RCL cruises we have taken" pizza you referred to?

Cafe Promenade has pizza slices.

Anyone know if the ocean view includes a side view or just the back of the ship for #1388?:confused: Just wondering, but I am sure we will enjoy that cabin either way!:cool:

1388 (1688) is also great! It is our 2nd favorite aft balcony on this class. We prefer the larger balcony space, while a majority of people prefer the larger room space in addition to balcony space.

Most of your ocean view will be aft, but you also have the benefit of less obstruction. I will post a few pictures for you shortly of the same balcony on Freedom (they are virtually the same as Navigator on that deck).

Deck 6 actually does not have the circle attached to the balcony. There is a space in between with a view to the deck below. It would be my last choice - only if none of the other afts are available. You chose well! :)

Love your review as always. Neat to join in a cabin crawl. I'm curious about the balcony 7688 that you mentioned. The balcony looks nice and large, but do you not feel the ship movement a lot?

Thanks LuCruise!

I am not sure why there is such a difference among the ships, but on Navigator there was definitely more vibration than we experienced in the past. It is not constant - only at lower speeds. It did not bother me, but it was definitely present. It was almost non existent on Freedom.

As far as movement that can cause sea sickness, we have not had any issues with the aft balconies. :) We did not note any significant movement that high up.

APDMOM,

Firstly, loving the revue. We've never been to Bonaire so looking forward to that review. I wondered what makes that cabin so special to you as the "obstruction" I feel would make me crazy looking through that porthole. Also, what is that blue area below you with the Crown and Anchor symbol?

I guess you have to experience it to understand it. We love hearing the wake, and the porthole is so large that the photo's do not justify the value. We prefer it over the glass balconies with little space. I would take two loungers with shade over two small chairs and little leg room any day. I appreciate that it is not for everyone, though. :)

The blue area with the Crown and Anchor is just part of the ship structure. You can not go there - the deck 6 balconies end just before that. Now, they probably have a poor view due to that extra space.

Hope that clarifies for you.

I referred to the Promenade Cafe pizza. I did not try it in the Windjammer. You can also get the dessert mousse in the Promenade Cafe, which is served in Sorrentos on Freedom class ships. :)

We have been to Labadee many times before and started participating in some excursions during the past few visits. The following are excursions we have taken:

Dragon Coaster all day pass:

Worth doing again. Be sure you purchase this prior to the cruise when the “all day pass” is available for around $35. If you wait until you are on the ship, it will cost you about $25 for only one ride. That is not worth the price in my opinion.

Kayaking:

Worth doing, but we had a GREAT day weather wise. On that cruise it was rainy and cool, perfect for kayaking. Take an early tour if you do this. It can get really hot!

This cruise: Parasailing!

It was worth doing one time, but I liked the parasailing I did in Key West with Sebago better. Also, purchase your tickets before the cruise when the excursions go on sale. For the advanced purchase, we paid $68 per person (5 months before the cruise). On the ship, the excursion would set you back $89 per person. You do not pay tax, even if you book in advance online. Another tip is to book the early tour (9:00 was the earliest we could get). It can get windy in Labadee, especially later in the day. They have to cancel the parasailing if it is too windy.

Unfortunately, they only offered tandem flights, so our family was split up. The photo was generously shared with me by my new friend and flight mate (pictured left) :)

09f7d67699392c00e08cc2823dee370f.jpg

These two had fun, but DH got a little sea sick - not on the boat… in the air on while parasailing and looking for turtles!

0320e396e71b7c85655d4890edf7d583.jpg

I was surprised (and set at ease) that the Royal Caribbean staff members run the excursion, as that had not been the case with the kayaking. That excursion was run by locals. In the case of kayaking, it was good, as we got the inside scoop on Labadee. In the case of parasailing, it is good to know that Royal Caribbean oversees the safety.

0bd92dc85f32b4b29550b2e6f56fce64.jpg

The happy parachute:

c8151b07179832dfde4dbaa2782797b2.jpg

Edited by APDMOM
tips in red